Submit your questions for Ubuntu Summit 2023 session: Community Council: Ask Us Anything!

The Ubuntu Summit 2023 is scheduled for November 3 to 5, 2023 in Riga, Latvia. There are many reasons why you should attend the Ubuntu Summit this year.

This year we are hosting several roundtable discussions with subject matter experts and community leaders, and we want to hear from you! Read the session details below, reply with all your burning questions, and you might just see yours answered live on stage.

Session title:

Community Council: Ask Us Anything!

Session details

This is an AMA (Ask Me Anything) session, where remote and in-person attendees will have the opportunity to interact with members of the Ubuntu Community Council.
Questions from the Ubuntu Discourse, Ubuntu Hideout, Ubuntu Subreddit and various other platforms will be selected and asked by our moderator.

• Panelists:
    • JosĂ© Antonio Rey - Ubuntu Community Council
    • Merlijn Sebrechts - Ubuntu Community Council
    • Monica Ayhens-Madon - Ubuntu Community Council
    • Nathan Haines - Ubuntu Community Council
    • Torsten Franz - Ubuntu Community Council
  • Duration: 25 minutes
  • Moderator: Michael Tunnell

Panel abstract:

Members of the Community Council are getting together to answer any and all questions you might have. Let’s share ideas!

Join us at the Ubuntu Summit 2023!

If you are thinking of joining us in Riga, you can head to our event portal and check the in-person registration. However, if you can’t join us in person, we have some exciting things lined up for remote participants.

5 Likes

In the context of increasing populism, fake news, polarization, distrust. Fights for and against being “woke”, being marginalized for being the same. Being marginalized for being different. Splintering and fracturing of groups and ideas.
In the context of some, not all, ageing teams within Ubuntu or Debian, with no new people coming in and staying, my question is:

How do we build community across difference?

Being welcoming to leftists, and yes, to the right. To libertarians, to whatever and whoever, together.
I mean this further than expectations of individual behaviour, policies, codes of conduct, I mean designing engagement to facilitate participation by a broader community.

Said in another way, how do we also get more non-leftists to contribute to open source?

1 Like