Start contributing

Hello. How can I start to contribute?
Greetings from Italy and good work! :slight_smile:

Find an area that interests you, and try and get involved.

I’ll suggest

FYI: How teams communicate can vary; many use IRC, but others use other means (eg. telegram etc) You can learn a lot my listening in before you speak up (ask to get involved). No need to fear saying you’d love to help, most teams will LOVE someone expressing interest! though be aware people work in different time-zones and real-life commitments do mean responses can be delayed.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the links! And especially thank you so much for the interest, your kindness and your replies. For sure i will follow your advices and starting getting involved asap! One of the areas I always liked is the kernel project. But it seems harder to partecipate there.
Thanks again and good work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have no experience with the kernel; but being involved with bugs comes to mind (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad/GettingInvolved).

My thinking is you’ll get to see what users experience, you can help triage the bug, and can even explore & suggest solutions (ie. attach patch etc) when you are able. I suspect this work will help get you noticed.

Thank you for joining the Ubuntu Community Discourse! This forum is designed for individuals involved in contributing to Ubuntu and its related products. Whether you’re a volunteer or a member of Canonical, this is the place to coordinate your contributions and collaborate with others.

We encourage you to introduce yourself to the community. Let us know your background, interests, and how you plan to contribute to Ubuntu. Feel free to discuss various aspects of Ubuntu, including Documentation, QA, Translations, and even innovative ways to contribute. Your feedback about the site is also highly appreciated.

However, please note that this forum is not intended for technical support. If you have specific support questions or need assistance, we recommend utilizing IRC, the Ubuntu Forums, or askubuntu.com. These platforms are better suited for addressing technical inquiries and providing the necessary support.

Once again, welcome to the Ubuntu Community Discourse, and we look forward to your active participation in contributing to Ubuntu and its vibrant community!

Regards