Revamping the Ubuntu packaging guide

Hello All,

I am Bhavi, a former Ubuntu developer and a returning community member now

When I was browsing through the platform here, got to know that the community wiki is being migrated to discourse (please correct me if I am wrong here)

As I see, the Ubuntu packaging guide is outdated (not the core process) but the things such as dependencies in debian/control and some more deep dive details.

Wanted to know, if anyone is working on revamping the Ubuntu packaging guide and including newer processes (such as packaging from git for instance along with bzr :slight_smile: )

Regards,
Bhavi

2 Likes

Hello Bhavi,
I’m the lead on the Community Docs migration and wanted to chime in. Our team was just discussing the current state of the Packaging Guide and the need to add in some additional packing methods as you had mentioned. As a former developer, we would certainly welcome your contributions!

If you’re not already a member, the Packaging Guide Team can be found here: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-packaging-guide-team. laney in IRC is marked as the team lead and admin so you may also want to ping them for more information.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you need any help or support from the Community Team.

1 Like

Thanks @aaronprisk for the response.

I am a part of the Ubuntu packaging guide team through the Ubuntu development team.

Will reach out to laney on IRC.

Thanks again!