Query on SDK Changes in AMS after Version 1.21

Hello Anbox Cloud Developers,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to inquire about recent changes in the AMS SDK (GitHub - canonical/ams-sdk). After the release of version 1.21 (commit 07a382d9e741b65934bab80e8b1919afba1e4b25), I noticed that a significant portion of the code has been moved to the internal package. Consequently, the examples provided in the README, as well as those in the “examples” folder, are no longer functional since they rely on code from the internal package, which is not accessible externally.

Could you please shed some light on the rationale behind this change? Understanding the reasoning will help us better adapt our projects to the new structure and ensure compatibility moving forward.

Thank you for your attention and assistance.

Best regards,
Marco

Hey collez

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We recognize that moving part of the code to the internal package has caused inconvenience for users of the SDK. Unfortunately, this change escaped our sanitize checks and testing procedures before publishing, which shouldn’t have happened. We apologize for the breakage it has caused to your application.

Moving forward, we will treat this as a bug and acknowledge it as a known issue in the next patch release announcement(1.22.1). We’re discussing internally and plan to address it in the 1.23.0 Anbox Cloud release.

As an immediate step, we recommend using AMS SDK versions before 1.21.0. E.g. 1.20.2 release to avoid any further issues.

Please let us know if any questions or concerns about the above plan.
Thanks again.

BR
Gary