Push and pull fail on a debian11-based installation

Host is Debian 11.

I’ve built LXD 5.21.1 LTS. Everything is working fine (LXD is configured to run with systemd and I can create / operate containers normally), but the push and pull commands fail with error receiving version packet from server

# lxc launch ubuntu:22.04 c1
# lxc exec ubuntu:22.04 touch /tmp/a
# lxc file pull c1/tmp/a
Error: error receiving version packet from server: read unix @->/proc/self/fd/34/forkfile.sock: read: connection reset by peer

Not sure if this is related but:

# lxd --version
lxd: error while loading shared libraries: libdqlite.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/share/lxd-libs/ lxd --version
5.21.1 LTS
# lxc --version
5.21.1 LTS

Folder /usr/share/lxd-libs/ contains all the libraries created at build time.

Hi,

can you reproduce this issue? If so, would you be able to provide the logs when this issue occurs (lxc monitor --pretty)? Thanks

Hello,

This is the error:

ERROR [2024-07-09T07:45:41+02:00] SFTP server stopped with error err="signal: aborted" instance=c1 instanceType=container project=default stderr="runtime/cgo: bad stack bounds: lo=0xffff800318eed020 hi=0x7ffce7113030"

I get the error on a KVM-based Debian 11 VM that is locally based, but not on another similar instance (“similar” based on output of hostnamectl) that I don’t have direct control on and on which I did the same LXD installation procedure…

How have you installed LXD, are you using the snap?

As mentioned, this is built from source, not using snap.