Pro on Non-Ubuntu Systems

Hi. I am user of Bodhi 18.04 LTS Bionic 32 bit,wich is same and based to Ubuntu.I have a problem with Ubuntu Pro for a few days. Can’t use my pc because when i try to open system i find the error:

WARNING:root:failed to process /proc/version_signature.

Now im back again to windows because canot open my Linux …hope no longer…
Anyone have solution to help me ?

Any solution to help me ?

@triclo

1. How is this a problem? A warning should not block you from using anything in your system.
  2. To better understand what is generating this warning (and possibly helping you if the Pro Client is causing trouble) we need more information. Please run sudo ubuntu-bug ubuntu-advantage-tools to create a Launchpad bug with the proper information.
  3. Ubuntu Pro does not officially support Bhodi Linux, or any distribution derived from Ubuntu. This means that once the bug is open we will look into it and make a best effort to give a reply, but there is no guarantee that any Ubuntu Pro service is going to work for your distro (although it may work).

As a general advice, anyone having problems with the client can and should open a Launchpad so we can check it.

5 Likes

I use Bodhi Legacy 32 bit.wich based on ubuntu 18,04.
I update nvidia-304 and now i can’t enter on my Bodhi os. because it’s show Ubuntu Pro at the beginning.After insert my password and Token, he show me the error:

WARNING:root:failed to process /proc/version_signature. ! These is a screenshot of what apear me:

Hello, @triclo, thanks for the details.

1. I see you do have access to the system itself, so I still don’t understand the part where you say you can’t use the system. Sorry if I am missing something, but it seems you did log in.
  2. If you mean that you can’t use Ubuntu Pro in your system, as mentioned before Ubuntu Pro is currently not fully supported on any derivatives, as Bodhi is. We can try to look into the warning, but there is no guarantee that any of the services will be available to you, at least for now.
  3. You can still report a bug, as mentioned in my last comment:

To better understand what is generating this warning (and possibly helping you if the Pro Client is causing trouble) we need more information. Please run sudo ubuntu-bug ubuntu-advantage-tools to create a Launchpad bug with the proper information.

1. It seems you managed to attach a token, and this token is considered personal information - you have leaked it by not hiding it in the screenshot… consider editing it to mitigate the leak.
3 Likes

Thanks for your reply,it’s very clarify and i try to launch the bug and will see what i find there.

It’s nice to see “solid” help and discourse on Ubuntu topics. Thanks for the exemplary work; is all I wanted to take the time to comment for.

2 Likes