Patch Pilot Hand-off 24.10

Sponsored:

Unsubscribed Sponsors:

We probably should unsubscribe as soon as package uploaded. I am not sure about situations where changes are requested and we are waiting for the new version, but it also probably worth doing so that the queue contains only items requiring actions.

Asked for FFe/Information:

Review:

• LP: #2080358: liblxc-common incorrect apparmor profile for lxc-copy. Adjusted tasks, asked questions. Marked as incomplete.
  • ntp apparmor update: ntp no longer exists in ubuntu, marked “needs information”
  • gsasl ftbfs PR: left a question, comment, and asked to file a bug since we are so close to release.
  • LP: #2069401: mtr broken in 24.04 with -r option. Was filed against noble, but also affects oracular. Adjusted the dep3 headers a bit, added a changelog entry, tested oracular, and sponsored for oracular. Left instructions on how to proceed with an SRU for noble.
  • LP: #2076084: software-properties: Additional drivers tab cause uncancellable operation that prevents the program from closing. There is a linked PR that targets the upstream project, not the ubuntu package. It’s approved, but still in “needs review” status. Left a comment.
  • alsa-utils PR: tiny needs-fixing for the oracular version, but of a bigger concern is the feature freeze. I think the change looks ok, but alsa-utils is very much seeded, and we are a week away from final freeze. I left a comment suggesting to get approval from the release team first.
  • ntpsec apparmor PR: left comments, this looks good and almost ready to sponsor.
  • libmaa PR: needs-fixing (already set in a previous comment). I also requested the same, and if there is no LP bug yet, that one should be filed.
  • libgcrypt20 PR with FTBFS fix: good cherry-pick from upstream, I requested some procedural changes (file a bug, better patch name, and other things).
  • LP: #2075505 – distribution-gpg-keys – Reviewed status; nothing to do until consensus is reached
  • LP: #2073429 – clevis – Reviewed status; awaiting security team sign off
  • LP: #2080358 – lxc – Reviewed status; awaiting SRU template and patch revision
  • LP: #2071563 – chirp – Reviewed status, sponsored with minor changes
  • LP: #2071717 – linuxptp – Reviewed status; awaiting response to one final review point on merge
  • LP: #2078638 – xymon – Reviewed status; prepped test builds for affected series in a PPA
  • LP: #2083258 – xdg-dbus-proxy – Reported on IRC; opened a bug, prepped patches, subscribed sponsors

Note: We’re post FinalFreeze, so need to be careful what gets sponsored into Oracular. SRUs for stable series are still fine.