Patch Pilot Hand-off 24.04

Handover context: @bluca is likely to provide more info, we should look at the bug/MP again.

• libapache2-mod-python MP 460705 this was fixed in Debian and sync’d, claimed the review and marked ‘Disapprove’
  • wrk LP: #2026760 already sponsored, unsubscribed ubuntu-sponsors
  • alsa-ucm-conf LP: #2051199 already sponsored, unsubscribed ubuntu-sponsors
  • postgresql-14 LP: #1953128 bot recently decided attachment was a debdiff, even though it was already sponsored in 2021, marked the attachment ‘not a patch’ and unsubscribed ubuntu-sponsors
  • fontconfig MP 461026 already sponsored, claimed the review and marked ‘Approve’
  • btas LP: #2055063 / MP 461276 reviewed and sponsored
  • pmount MP 461166 reviewed and commented
  • LP: #2054832: was already sponsored. Removed ubuntu-sponsors and marked bug as fix committed.
  • LP: #2054681: post-FF console-setup merge from debian. Marked as incomplete. Left comments in the linked MP.
  • LP: #2055088: incomplete. Very poor bug description for someone who is not familiar with the desktop packages structure (me) to understand. UPDATE: looks good, but this needs an MP against the upstream project (this is a native package with VCS elsewhere), and then an ubuntu upload.
  • LP: #2049217: asked some questions in the MP and marked as incomplete.
  • LP: #2053256: needs feature-freeze exception. Unsubscribed sponsors.
  • LP: #2054151: synced from debian, is in noble-proposed, adjusted bug tasks and unsubscribed ubuntu-sponsors
  • ppa-purge DEB822 fix: nice, and I was hit by this bug multiple times in my workflow. Left a suggestion to add some logging. Cringe, this is an old package, claims to be native, but has ubuntu suffix. Pretending I didn’t see it… UPDATE: sponsored
  • LP: #2047298: fix for a package that is in noble-proposed since October 2023. I’m reluctant to sponsor it without a few more checks, since it will trigger a mini transition (one rdep only, but still). Left a comment in the bug.
  • LP: #2054477: needs an FFe now. Left instructions and unsubscribed ubuntu-sponsors.
  • LP: #2052575 – debdiffs don’t contain anything useful as it’s a binary-blob package; requested PPA/git repo with proper packaging source. Targetted, but left marked incomplete
  • LP: #1971094 – another excellent submission from Sudip, patch looks good, SRU template is well filled in; sponsored
  • LP: #2047298 – I think @vpa1977’s proposed MP looks a slightly neater fix here; started a PPA (ppa:waveform/ghdl) to try out Andreas’ suggestion of a test-build of yosys-plugin-ghdl with the proposed ghdl
  • LP: #2029314 – looked at the SRU patches; all looks good but the noble build’s being affected by the t64 work; not much more to do here until some of that clears
  • LP: #2043448 – autopkgtest needs some work, licensing probably needs revising to GPL-3; unsubscribed sponsors until ready for review again
  • LP: #2039036 – packaging needs some small tweaks (version, changelog, one entry in copyright), but small enough that I’m just going to do them during sponsorship, assuming nothing else pops out at me
  • LP: #2052575: bug was marked incomplete but sponsors still subscribed. Unsubscribed sponsors to take it off list until comments addressed.
  • LP: #2051895: previous review comments addressed, sponsored to noble. Marked incomplete for stable series, pending improvement of the test case.
  • LP: #2047298: sponsored, clear case of a bugfix for a build failure in noble-proposed.
  • LP: #2054390: per submitter, blocked awaiting upstream feedback on the patch. Marked incomplete.
  • new openssl point release: commented that this should be deferred until after t64 transition. Have since retracted this comment privately, since time_t is going to take a while to settle out.

That last one took a big chunk of my time as I went down the rabbit hole trying to make sense of the differences between the various Debian versions.

• qtwebengine-opensource-src LP: #2058066 already sponsored, unsubscribed ~ubuntu-sponsors
  • google-android-installers LP: #2056080 reviewed and sponsored
  • accountsservice LP :#2057710 already sponsored, unsubscribed ~ubuntu-sponsors
  • irqbalance LP: #2054872 already sponsored, unsubscribed ~ubuntu-sponsors
  • bamf MP 462686 reviewed and sponsored

I avoided going over the items that were SRUs, since they would likely just come up again in unapproved where I would have to excuse myself from a review there, had I sponsored them here.

• LP: #2029924 – reviewed current state; new patch doesn’t quite fix things, but it’s broken in noble too – more work needed
    • Post-shift revision; it was just missing a runtime dep. Sponsored
  • LP: #2043448 – reviewed and sponsored with minor d/copyright change
  • LP: #1946521 – reviewed and sponsored
    • Also unlinked motion from “upstream project” Stop Motion Capture which is nothing to do with motion (it’s a motion detection system, not an animation project)
  • LP: #2052575 – reviewed, but the missing mantic upload looks like a blocker
  • LP: #2018449 – reviewed and sponsored with additional note on upstream PR
  • LP: #2048906 – reviewed and sponsored
  • LP: #2040059 – sponsored an incremental patch to get this migrating on mantic
1 Like
  • libcdio MP: MP reviewed and package upload sponsored.
  • lenovo-wwan-unlock LP bug - NEW package: unsubscribed ~ubuntu-sponsors. This is a MIR bug and it requires some work before being ready to upload.
  • black LP bug: This was sponsored already, but since there are tasks for other packages it stays in our report but nothing to sponsor.
  • cvise LP bug: Reviewed the proposed changes and they look good, but I was not able to sponsor the upload because of some issues in the archive. The next patch pilot can try to sponsor this one.
  • gvmd LP bug: Reviewed and sponsored the upload.
  • rocm-hipamd LP bug - NEW package: I had an issue when trying to build the package due to the archive changes happening right now. Someone could take a look at it again, maybe things get sorted out.
  • nauty MP: Marked it as disapprove since the proposed changes is already in noble-proposed, applied by the Debian maintainer.
  • libgnomeprint LP bug: This is an old bug and I do not know if someone is actively working on that. I unsubscribed ~ubuntu-sponsors since there is nothing to be sponsored AFAICS.
  • pnc LP bug: No change upload sponsored.
  • dublin-traceroute FTBFS fix
    • Provided further feedback on how to improve the patch.
  • fix for software-properties hadling of deb822 sources
    • Reviewed the MP, LGTM, but I requested moreinfo about the fix verification steps
    • Circled back here towards the end of my shift, the info I requested has been provided.
    • I merged the MP and sponsored the upload. Fix Committed, unsubscribed ubuntu-sponsors.
  • fix for chibi-scheme-images fails to install
    • found Debian bug
    • found Debian patch sitting in salsa (never uploaded), slightly better than the one proposed for an Ubuntu delta
    • asked to adopt that one
  • freerdp3: enable tests
    • gave my +1 on enabling tests
    • gave my -1 on making them a fake autopkgtest (see rationale inthe bug report)
  • please upgrade: lighttpd 1.4.75
    • this is basically a merge request
    • the user actually wants a specific bugfix they already identified; I pointed at possible ways forward
    • unsubscribed ubuntu-sponsors
  • Sync rocm-hipamd 5.7.1-3
    • The FFe got approved
    • I did a test rebuild to verify that the b-d installability issues mentioned in the bug are gone
    • Package synced, unsubscribed ubuntu-sponsors, Fix Released.

IRC communication: mostly about other issues, mainly help with autopkgtest runs.

• dotnet6 LP: #2060259 reviewed and sponsored SRUs for Jammy and Mantic
  • dotnet7 LP: #2060260 reviewed and sponsored SRUs for Jammy and Mantic
  • dublin-traceroute LP: #2060658 sponsored based on the green light from @paride

I could only dedicate a limited amount of time for my shift this week.