Patch Pilot Hand-off 23.10

August 15, 2023 - Lukas Märdian

Notable Achievements

Important Context

• No questions asked on IRC
  • Setting the status of rsyslog merge to “Incomplete”, as there are autopkgtest failures to be resolved, https://pad.lv/2028935

Notable Contributors (tag them if you know their discourse username)

Program Improvements (anything that you think needs documenting or otherwise improving)

2 Likes

August 15, 2023 - Lena Voytek

Notable Achievements:

• Looked through sponsorship queue, no updates are needed currently though

Important Context:

2 Likes

Sadly, not much achieved this shift, as I’ve been interrupted several times for time-sensitive things (due to Feature Freeze tomorrow). The sponsorship queue is still in fairly good shape, with only a single actionable at the time of writing.

2 Likes

August 17, 2023 - Lucas Kanashiro

Notable Achievements

Important Context

2 Likes

2023-08-21

On my shift yesterday:

• The only request from not-Canonical was for dracut. I was unsure how to handle the request for a delta in this package, and consulted @bdrung who explained and kindly agreed to handle that in his next upload.

• I then decided to spend some time looking at process. I wrote up Improving the git-ubuntu based sponsorship workflow and made a minor tweak to the sponsorship bot.

1 Like
  • Notable Achievements

• LP: 2032674 - verify, but found @xnox had uploaded already - as we get faster, coordinating work will become more important to reduce redundancy
    • LP: 1990856 - verify and upload
  • Also started reviewing docs for potential improvements, started with https://github.com/canonical/ubuntu-maintainers-handbook/blob/main/Concepts.md but no concrete suggestions yet.

• Program Improvements

• documentation improvements would be a good use of pilot time, but that’s going to be hard to move forward in a structured way in ~4 hrs every 3 weeks. As the queue is functionally empty right now, we need a plan.
1 Like

Hi, that bug report & patch was result of multiday interactive debugging of the issues we were seeing between zfs dkms & v6.5 unstable kernel builds. And since @arighi doesn’t have upload rights for that package he filed bug report for me to sponsor. Which i did in under an hour between meetings.

Given the window was so short, I am surprised this bubbled up on your patch-pilot queue. Is our patch-pilot queue really empty that something so recent and under a couple of hours long raised your attention? What could have @arighi or myself have done to indicate that said bug report & deb-diff do not require a patch-pilot or sponsor, since that was in progress anyway?

The sponsor process does suggest using an “in progress” state + self-assignment, and that would have been a clue that something was going on. It was unassigned when I started looking at it - and I agree, if I were in your position I would not have assumed it would have made it to the sponsor queue in that timespan.

Yes, the general queue was down to 1-2 items as of yesterday!

I flagged this as off-topic - it’s an important question but given the instructions in the original post, could we move it to a separate topic, please?

It looks like the Foundations bot auto-subscribed ~ubuntu-sponsors to it because a debdiff was attached. Perhaps a tag to stop it doing that, if that doesn’t exist already? For git-ubuntu based MPs, I don’t automatically add ~ubuntu-sponsors if a different reviewer is already nominated.

Notable Achievements

1 Like

Notable achievements

• openssh MP: approved and uploaded. Also provided guidance on how to write a Test Plan for it.
  • hyperkitty MP: approved and uploaded.
  • vim MP: MP LGTM, but the bug reference is missing from the changelog entry. Requested this change to Danilo, who addressed the request. Approved and uploaded.
  • factory boy: approved and uploaded.
  • rust-cargo-mutants MP: left a comment request a minor change to the changelog entry. Comment addressed, package uploaded.
  • djangorestframework-filters MP: approved and uploaded.
  • django-tables MP: approved and uploaded.
  • django-cachalot MP: left a question to make sure that the package will indeed work with Django 4.0.
  • geoclue-2.0 bug: asked Georgia to provide a debdiff or an MP for the proposed change.

Important Context

Lots of sponsoring some; still some on the queue. No questions on IRC.

1 Like

Notable achievements

Important context

There were only 2 requests in our queue. One was mentioned above, and the other was a work in progress.

There was no activity in IRC.

1 Like

Notable achievements

I used git-ubuntu prepare-upload args to sponsor the merges, so history should be preserved in the target branch!

1 Like

Notable achievements

• rsyslog was handled in the past, discussed and unsubscribed sponsors.
  • openssh SRU which was not yet ready, reviewed, tested and recommended several changes
  • octavia-dashboard I was unclear if this would not need more to be ready and asked on the bug what I’d want. But then this was auto-subscribed and might not yet have meant to be ready.

Important context

There was no activity in IRC.

I ran a bit short due to unplanned meetings, but there wasn’t much more in the queue either (two more MPs of my team for which I can withstand the stares for not having them sponsored).

1 Like

2023-09-05 - Lukas Märdian

Notable Achievements

Important Context

• octavia-dashboard, unsubscribed ~ubuntu-sponsors with a comment (not yet ready for sponsorship)
  • One IRC question about clamav packaging, got answered by @ahasenack while I was stuck in a meeting (thanks!)

My session was a bit interrupted by wrapping up some last-minute stuff, before being off for an extended leave.

1 Like

2023-09-05 - Lena Voytek

Notable Achievements

• Looked over patches for r-cran-flextable, dipy, and pyfai. They all look fine to me. I don’t have upload permissions for any of them though so they’re still available for the next patch pilot.

Important Context

• No questions on IRC
1 Like

Notable Achievements

1 Like

Notable Achievements

Important Context

I left the linux kernel related items untouched in the queue for the kernel team to take them.

1 Like

Notable Achievements

Important context

1 Like

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/procps/+bug/2035061 - further suggestions offered

No IRC activity to report