Participate to Ubuntu Developer Desktop Survey 2019

You’re a developer, using Ubuntu or not, for work or as a hobby, and want to help us understand what you’re doing, how you’re doing it and improve Ubuntu Desktop for developers? Read @willcooke blog post on the survey Ubuntu and Dell are currently running.

The survey will close on Friday 31st May 2019 and we will publish the results very shortly afterwards. We’ll then follow that up with some further analysis and some ideas as to how this will influence the desktop product roadmap in the future. Please take this opportunity to help shape Ubuntu for the better.

The survey is waiting for you at http://desktopdevelopersurvey2019.ubuntu.com/ .

You don’t need to register or sign in to complete the form.

Thank you all for your participation.

5 Likes

I would love if it wasn’t on google, not only because I love my privacy, but also because google is stupid enough to translate the UI based on IP geo location, and I don’t speak whatever language he translated the UI (either Dutch or German=, and the cumulation of both those things just annoys me too much. That’s not the Ubuntu way, we are mindful of other people, and google is not.

I entered, I am a computer developer and I can program software, but I still did it anyways

FWIW it does the right thing here, i.e. it uses my browser language preferences, not geo-location.

Which browser do you use?

I use Brave but my search engine is Ecosia

1 Like

I’ve been having feedback from people on this UI language people it, however I see no pattern yet, it happens to some people no matter what browser they use, but it doesn’t happen to others.

By the way, even with my criticism on how it was done, I think doing this is a good and welcomed idea.

1 Like

One week to go before the survey closes. If you didn’t yet participate it’s time to do so.

1 Like