Noble Numbat 24.04 Wallpaper Competition

Roques de Garcia and Pico del Teide
Category: Nature

Why is the pic converted to a tiny jpeg here and why are the colors so dull? How is it possible to upload properly here?

Well the color of the sky is more or less correct but everything else is more saturated and less greenish, more reddish.

Link to the original:

https://gallery.simon-a.info/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/A081193_01.png

5 Likes

Hi @betazoid67,
Discourse will compress the image to save on space. You’re welcome to share a link in your submission to the full resolution image.

3 Likes

You’re right. The original version looks much better. Not just the colours, contrast is also better there. Could it be something to do with the colour profile? I’ve no idea what Discourse does to image files - I’m playing safe and sticking to b/w.

1 Like

Well there are several factors according to my experince. The most important factor is probably the graphics library gd - imagemagick is much better for quality. Although, gd should be ok if the pic is in srgb. Then, JPEG-compression. My pic is in srgb, however the uploded photo looks like it was converted to AdobeRGB or so - or gd assumes that it’s in AdobeRGB and converts it to srgb??? Something like that.
I think I will make a test and upload a pic in AdobeRGB.

2 Likes

View of Porto Timoni from Makrades

Yea, something like that is happening. This one was in AdobeRGB when I uploaded it. It’s more similar to the original.

12 Likes

I have chosen the “Mascot Theme” category, but I guess that mine could also work for digital art.

Little Icons:

10 Likes

Medium Icons:

5 Likes

Different theme:

5 Likes

Title: L’Arbre Rouge (The Red Tree)
Author: Nils Van Lidth de Jeude
Category: Other (urban)
License: CC BY-SA 4.0

Hi!
I chose a picture of a tree that is wonderful for the red color it gets when the spring reaches its zenith, and when the sun shines and warms the city again, around April and May (at about the same release-date of Noble Numbat :face_with_hand_over_mouth: ).

It also has a dark version I’ll post after the light one.

Here is "L’Arbre Rouge" (french for The Red Tree) :deciduous_tree: :red_circle: :

7 Likes

And here is its dark version :night_with_stars: :

(if you like it, please vote for it :call_me_hand: + :deciduous_tree: :red_circle: )

10 Likes

Nature - Skyline Drive

8 Likes

Subject: Lac haut de La Godivelle - France
Author: Paul Kepinski

16 Likes

Subject: waterfall, detail - France

3 Likes

Subject: sunset wind turbines - France

12 Likes

Tälligrat in Switzerland. The clouds are pressing over the mountains from the south.

6 Likes

Maienfelder Furgga, Switzerland

6 Likes

Subject: Ubuntu Dogs Chilling
Author: Frederik Feichtmeier

11 Likes

Subject: Myakka River State Park
Author: Ken Holden