New 19.04 unity iso

It can actually be done with Cubic. I tried doing it with 18.04, but wasn’t successful. 19.04 was a success, IIRC.

Is there any iso for Ubuntu 18.04 from the team ?

What happened to twocamels link. Is there another place to download the ISO?

Are there any news about Unity as an upcoming “official” Ubuntu flavor?

I would love to see Unity evolving just like Shuttleworth dreamt this wonderful DE back in the good days…or even gets better than that!

I can’t code but i am willing to support such project the best i can…i.e. translating in german, Mock-Ups and ideas for features, testing and bug-reporting, etc…

are there people who like to create together the best Unity?

the link is down, is there a chance to get the new iso somewhere else?

How can i help to spread the build?

There’s no news from Dale. He’s been sick. Someone else has to create an iso.

I saw that and I’m praying for him. Is there some reason the ltwo camels ink had to go down when he got cancer?

guys, any news for new unity iso? :frowning:

Will arrive in around 20.04 LTS. Maybe, you should open a poll?

There’s been some more work done in Unity support in Yaru:

Would be good to see this adopted as default styling for 20.04 lts if enough progress is made

That looks amazing! I truly hope they work well by 20.04.

Any news for Ubuntu 19.10?

Any word/chance of official flavour status?

New website https://unityxp.tk

1 Like

That’s great work Raul, just downloading to try in a VM.

An official image would probably require not using oibaf, system76 and a third party kernel however.

2 Likes

So atm I can’t boot it on virtualbox, either in normal live or nvidia legacy. It goes into plymouth showing the ubuntu animation, then on to a black screen.

I’m no trying to achieve an official image, i made this just for fun…

Try again, the last ISO has another kernel, for better compatibility.

Wow, great work Raul! The website is just gorgeus!

1 Like

Are you guys aware of the UmixOS project? Someone is already rolling a Unity7 ubuntu derivative: https://medium.com/@teejeetech/introducing-umix-os-unity-remix-7cbd96d97f4b . I just found it today while googling “Ubuntu Unity Remix”. I think we should contact the author and join forces for future releases.
Any news about dale-f-beaudoin? Hope he’s fine… I’m a bit concerned about this silence…

Thanks for the support!

The Umix is a pay distro, this is not my purpose with the Unity XP, but would be great to exchange some experiences with Teejee.