Hi everyone, below you will find the updates from the Desktop team from the last week.
If you’re interested in discussing a topic please start a thread in the Desktop area of the Community Hub (this site).
We also have our weekly meeting on IRC. We meet on Tuesday at 13:30 UTC in #ubuntu-desktop on Freenode. There will be an “Any Other Business” section at the end where you are welcome to raise topics. These topics might be discussed during the meeting, or afterwards depending on the time, depth of conversation, topic and so on.
Last week’s notes are here: https://community.ubuntu.com/t/monday-4th-march-2019/10020
Next week’s notes are here: https://community.ubuntu.com/t/monday-18th-march-2019/10198
- desktop updates
- started a discussion with the SRU team about making SRUs to nonLTS non mandatory
- removed fwupd-i386-signed from disco/added to the sync blacklist, that allowed fwupd 1.2.5 to migrate
- some easy syncs
- backported a grilo-plugins fix for euronews
- updated th ubuntu-font to include the thin variant
- helped with the poppler migration, done now!
- backported a gdm fix for suseng team, uploaded as a SRU to bionic
- travelled to London for some meetings
1778322, blocked on the server team/samba to backport a new function needed by gvfs
1812683, reassigned to Didier for extra investigations
1781597, blocked on the current n-m upload to clear out of proposed