MicroStack Documentation

MicroStack speedily installs OpenStack on a single machine. Supported services are currently Glance, Horizon, Keystone, Neutron, and Nova.

The two general scenarios are a single-node install and a multi-node deployment.

Multi-node (or clustering) allows you to install MicroStack on several machines (“nodes”) and combine them together to provide a cluster. At this time the cloud roles that can be assigned to each node are control and compute. A MicroStack cluster can consist of a single control node and multiple compute nodes. Note that a control node also acts as a compute node.

Single-node is simply a single control node. It provides everything you need, including acting as a compute node.

Once you’ve deployed your desired scenario you can go on to perform native OpenStack operations such as importing boot images; creating keypairs, networks, and cloud flavors. See the OpenStack documentation.

Navigation

Navigation
Level Path Navlink
1 Home
1 /docs/single-node Single-node
1 /docs/multi-node Multi-node
1 /docs/pro-tips Pro tips
1 /docs/using-juju Using Juju
1 /docs/openstack-releases OpenStack releases

To run an OpenStack cloud, one needs to know the configuration and the log files. I have not found anything about that in the Microstack documentation. Perhaps it’s there, but if so, it’s well hidden.

I did find the config files, but am still using tools like lsof to find the log files. It shouldn’t be like that. A single line in the documentation would be sufficient to show me where those logs are.