Launchpad Answers is a way for users to ask questions in the Launchpad platform against Ubuntu. Any type of question is accepted (but they have to abide by the Ubuntu Code of Conduct). You can help to answer questions and help users solve their problems.
- Create a Launchpad account. You need a Launchpad account to be able to ask and answer questions. Go to https://launchpad.net/+login to do so.
- Go to the Ubuntu Launchpad Answers page. You can ask a question of your own first by clicking “Ask a question” to see how it works.
- Choose a open or new question you want to answer.
- Type your answer in the “Message:” box and select “Propose answer”
- You can also select “Add Information Request” to request more information from the user proposing the question.
Tips and tricks
- You can link to an existing bug, create a new bug, or just link to or create a new FAQ by clicking the suitable boxes above the “Message” box.
- Even if you don’t know the answer to a certain question, don’t feel unhappy, there are a lot of questions to choose from.
- You can set yourself as an “Answer Contact” for Ubuntu after you feel happy answering questions. This subscribes you to all the questions given.
- Try to answer questions that you are knowledgeable about, so that you would not provide unuseful solutions to users.
- Aim for answering open questions, as they have no answers given from the community.
Where to find help
- A Launchpad guide on Launchpad Answers for offering answers to questions is available at the help site.