Lagos LoCo πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬

Hi everyone, I talked to a bunch of folks last week in Lagos, Nigeria about our local community in that city. If you are interested to take part, please register here so we can reach out to you! Ubuntu @ Open Source Festival Africa 2023 (15-17 June 2023): Get Involved Β· Canonical / Ubuntu Events (Indico)

It was an amazing Open Source Festival. I met SO MANY talented engineers and creative Ubuntu users, would love to hear more about all your projects :slight_smile:

Also, Nigerian food FTW!!! Cassava and Yam = :heart:

I hope to see you all soon!
Pedro

7 Likes

Hello Pedro, thanks for the opportunity. Was an amazing time with you at the Osca Event and also at the Zoo park.:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:.

Really enthusiastic about the Lagos community.
Ready to Get it established.
btadamz@gmail.com

2 Likes

I am thrilled to hear about the enthusiasm coming from the Nigerian community! We’re actually in the process of improving our LoCos program and think it will be better than ever! :slight_smile:

We’ll be posting some updates in the coming weeks and reaching out to everyone who filled out the form that Pedro linked above.

3 Likes

Looking forward to it.

Hi, I’d like to join the Lagos Loco team, kindly help the link to register

Hello Ubuntu Team.
Any update yet?

We having The biggest web3 event in Africa on August 31th to 2nd September. https://event.web3bridge.com/

I’ll love to represent Ubuntu at the event there, same way I did at Oscafest Lagos with Pedro.
The purpose is to create publicity and educate the tech enthusiasts about Ubuntu and why it’s important for developers to use it.