Is there a place like, live time counter to track/follow/see the new release of Ubunut version :)

I just a little over excited about the new version release.

And have been checking multiple sites to the latest release info, all says by 21st April but no time/timezone info. So When exactly the new release would be out ?

Aware of the ways, like pre-prod releases to try the features available. But just curios on the release timeline

So any such page/info available to public, to know by when exactly the new release will happen ?

2 Likes

The official answer is that it will be released when it is ready sometime on April 21.

I think if there was a specific time announced, then it would actually delay the release because the release would need to be ready a bit in advance to not be late but couldnā€™t be released early either.

2 Likes

you can join https://web.libera.chat/#ubuntu-release-party ā€¦ the release will be announced there and you can party while waiting with other fellow community members

4 Likes

Okay, so giving out the time in advance might create some new pressure on the release process as to deliver it by defined time - Agreed.

So how about a ā€˜live notification, post releaseā€™ (like with successful publishing of all essential artifacts) sending out a push notification via any means of communication channel - would that be a possibility?

1 Like

Something of this sorts is also what i was looking for. Thank you

1 Like

You can subscribe to this mailing list too:

2 Likes

This will also do, Thank you

The official release notes says,

Upgrades to 22.04 LTS are currently not enabled (due a bug with snapd and update-notifier) but will be in the next couple of days.

So is there a way to know which are those bugs exactly from the overall bugs list ?

all these bugs are actually linked directly inside the text you linked above ā€¦

i.e. the snapd->update-notifier one:

2 Likes

Thank you for quick response. And wile going through the details again!, found it (my bad)

1 Like