|topic_name||Is OpenRAN Secure ?|
|subtitle||Exploring OpenRAN security in 2022|
This question is being asked every time someone is considering to go OpenRAN route, either for a private mobile network use case or to extend the existing legacy RAN setup in a service provider environment.
OpenRAN brings many benefits like diversified supplier ecosystem, new innovation model, lower TCO and new revenue streams. If you want to know if these benefits come with some security risk, or if OpenRAN is actually more secure than it’s predecessors, join our webinar led by Maciej Mazur, Telco Lead at Canonical.
On the session, you will get to know:
- the telecom networks architecture evolution
- main security issues in different network generations (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G)
- most popular attack vectors for different parts of the network (physical layer, service layer, network layer)
- how OpenRAN stands against this threats
- why open source is actually more secure than other approaches to telecom networks
- what are 5 key things you need to know to introduce OpenRAN correctly from security perspective