Installing yakuake in wsl2

I’m trying to install yakuake so I can have a slick drop down terminal like in manjaro, but I’m getting an error when I try to run it:

:~$ yakuake
qt.qpa.xcb: X server does not support XInput 2
failed to get the current screen resources
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to ‘/tmp/runtime-anonymous’
“Session bus not found\nTo circumvent this problem try the following command (with Linux and bash)\nexport $(dbus-launch)”

I don’t understand this error or how to go about correcting it. I have installed xming, and I have set some firewall rules to allow the wsl2 programs to communicate with the xserver. I ran xeyes as a test and that seemed to work. Not sure what to do next?

If you’re not using GWSL I believe you’ll want to run dbus-launch --exit-with-x11 before running GUI Apps. Seems to work for me w/ x410, VcXsrv. I haven’t tried Yakuake*.

Hmmmm… looks like something might be misconfigured:

:~$ dbus-launch --exit-with-x11
Session lifetime based on X11 requested, but machine UUID unavailable: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up: see the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue. (Failed to open “/var/lib/dbus/machine-id”: No such file or directory; UUID file ‘/etc/machine-id’ should contain a hex string of length 32, not length 0, with no other text).

This site isn’t designed for technical support. The Finding Help topic details where you can get support for Ubuntu.