Improvements needed in Ubuntu OS

Listing out the major problems faced by ubuntu users is a must …I ll try to share some which i faced and try to atleast identify the problems for improvement in future. All suggestions from each is welcomed to post
i ll b writing the list with time…

Suggestions should probably be filed as individual bugs in Launchpad (use the command ubuntu-bug -w in Xorg and hit the window of the app in question, or just use ubuntu-bug to file a more generic bug) and request them to be marked as Wishlist Importance or you should file individual topics here, I’m not sure an aggregate topic is useful (the to-do list for the desktop team is here and the generic to-do list for Ubuntu bugs can be seen here). If you want to ‘vote’ for a particular issue to be fixed, find (or file) a bug for the issue and mark yourself as affected by the issue (if you are actually affected by the issue) to increase its heat (and thus bump it up the generic to-do list I linked earlier). Yes, it will likely get lost because there’s so many problems that need resolving (136660, to be precise! But some of those may be duplicates and you can help Ubuntu work through them by joining the Bug Squad).

@ian-weisser can you consider closing this? Alternatively maybe other people can chime in over how this post could be useful and/or wise to keep around on the forum…

As i am new to d community…Sure will be following procedures, techniques as well as learning em too to get into the proper infrastructure of the community…
Linux is a grt environment to learn (although goin through some difficulties and drawbacks as to the open source nature). the background of the development of linux,unix,deb and the humongous and ingenious efforts of the people are beyond exceptional…
WIll be looking forward to learn…
:slight_smile:

1 Like

No further discussion in 6 years. Time to close.