How to expand the container storage size?

We recently install anbox cloud from Aws marketplace
I want to know how to resize the android instance storage… Now there is 3gb free
Thank you

Hey @vadim

Great to see your use of the Anbox Cloud Appliance!

You can expand the storage available to a container by adjusting the application manifest. All instance types give by default 5GB.

For example if you want 10GB, your manifest.yaml would look like this:

name: myapp
instance-type: a4.3
resources:
  disk-size: 10GB

Afterwards you either create a new app with the manifest or update an existing one. See
https://anbox-cloud.io/docs/howto/application/create and https://anbox-cloud.io/docs/howto/application/update on how to do this.

More information about the available options in the manifest.yaml can be found at https://anbox-cloud.io/docs/ref/application-manifest

regards
Simon

1 Like

After I change the disk size… I have another 2 more questions

1. How can I use Google services? if I want to try some app that needs google services like games
  2. How can I use DSU image on the Android virtual device? https://developer.android.com/topic/dsu
  3. Can I use my own android Image? if yes, How I do that

Thank you!

1. How can I use Google services? if I want to try some app that needs google services like games

Due to legal reasons we cannot provide you with instructions how to install or use Google Play services on Anbox Cloud. Generally you can do all kind of different modifications to the Android root file system with the use of addons

1. How can I use DSU image on the Android virtual device?

Dynamic system updates are not supported in Anbox Cloud. The Android images are contained within the outer Ubuntu container image and are updated through AMS. Using other images than the ones provided officially is not supported or possible as of today.

1. Can I use my own android Image? if yes, How I do that

Building your own images for Anbox Cloud is not possible. As Anbox Cloud is not an Open Source product, changes we do to AOSP to allow our containerization to work are not freely available and with that building your own image is not possible.

Most of the customization you may want to do is possible via addons.

Generally, if you miss any features or find any problems, please file a bug report here. We’re happy to learn what features are missing and put them into the future roadmap.

regards,
Simon

Hi
Thank you for the answers, you helped me a lot
I saw that if the “phone” gets a failure, it’s put the container on status error, and I can’t work with the container anymore.
What can I do in that situation? how can I relaunch the specific container? and why if the “phone” fail, all the container fail?

I saw that if the “phone” gets a failure, it’s put the container on status error, and I can’t work with the container anymore.

All containers in Anbox Cloud are ephemeral. That means, as soon as they stop they cannot be started anymore. If you need to preserve state, you can do that by the use of addons, utilizing the backup and restore hooks.

What can I do in that situation? how can I relaunch the specific container? and why if the “phone” fail, all the container fail?

It’s import to understand why the container has failed as there can be multiple reasons. If you look at amc show <container id>, what do you see?

on status, I saw on the first container “service killed with status KILL”
and on the second container, it was “service killed with status SEGV”
How can I see logs for more details?
when I tried amc logs I got an error “Error: Container is not running”

Hey @vadim,

and on the second container, it was “service killed with status SEGV”

It sounds like a bug we’re fixing with the upcoming 1.11.3 which is supposed to be released tomorrow.

How can I see logs for more details?

When containers are stopped you can run amc show <id> to see a list of logs AMS has preserved after the container was stopped. To view each individual log, you can use amc show-log <container id> <log name>.

You can you share the system.log and any potential .dmp file with me? Feel free to send them privately.