|Summary||Instructions on how to burn an Ubuntu installation DVD on Windows.|
|Author||Canonical Web Team email@example.com|
To create an Ubuntu installation DVD on Windows, you will need the following:
- An Ubuntu ISO file. Download the Ubuntu release of your choice from here
- A blank DVD
ⓘ Ensuring the authenticity of an Ubuntu ISO
The download can be verified to ensure the data integrity and authenticity of the file.
Windows 7 / 8 / 10 instructions
- Right-click on the ISO file you just downloaded and choose ‘Burn disc image’.
- Select a Disc burner (drive) and choose ‘Burn’. If you check ‘Verify disc after burning’, it will confirm that the ISO image has been burned correctly.
Windows 95 / 98 / ME / 2000 / XP / Server 2003 / Vista instructions
- Download and install the InfraRecorder, a free and open-source image-burning program.
- Insert a blank DVD in the drive and select ‘Do nothing’ or ‘Cancel’ if an autorun dialog box pops up.
- Open InfraRecorder and click the ‘Write Image’ button in the main screen. Alternatively you can select the ‘Actions’ menu, then ‘Burn image’.
- Select the Ubuntu ISO image file you want to burn, then click ‘Open’.
- In the dialog box, click ‘OK’.
Next steps and finding help
Next, to install Ubuntu, try the Install Ubuntu desktop tutorial
If you get stuck, help is always at hand.