Hi everyone

Hi everyone,

My name is Sonny. I am an expat living in China.

I started using Ubuntu in 2005-2006 I don’t recall precisely, I discovered it at university during open source events. Ubuntu has since always been my favorite flavor of Linux ^^

I work in the gaming industry at the moment, and had to regularly work with Windows but since a year I have completely transitioned to Ubuntu and it’s been a charm. I would like to contribute on Ubuntu and related (snap, etc.) to help improve user experience of everybody (including me :p).

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi Sonny! Nice to have you here. How is it out in China? I’m curious about how people feel about Linux in China.

1 Like

Hey Cremeux.
After the cultural shock, things are fine ^^
Regarding Linux, it is still pretty niche for desktop usage to be honest.
Obviously for servers/datacenters, it’s Linux the leader. But I feel like Fedora and Red Hat are maybe more known than Debian and Ubuntu.

1 Like

That’s awesome! Do you ever plan to move back? I’m sure when you get used to the culture, coming back would be another small culture shock.

Yeah same Ubuntu has always been my favorite. I have daily driven a majority of the major distros (Arch, Fedora, Gentoo, Debian, Ubuntu) and always end up back on Ubuntu. It’s home.

That’s awesome! Do you ever plan to move back? I’m sure when you get used to the culture, coming back would be another small culture shock.

Hum maybe one day. For the moment no. And yes, definitely reverse cultural shock is a thing, and likely I will have it xD

Yeah same Ubuntu has always been my favorite. I have daily driven a majority of the major distros (Arch, Fedora, Gentoo, Debian, Ubuntu) and always end up back on Ubuntu. It’s home.
Home it is ^^

1 Like