Hi everyone!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Anthony and I have been using Ubuntu since I was 15 years old (I’m 30 now). I have watched Ubuntu grow and change so much from the sidelines. For the last year, I have been distrohopping and learning so much about Linux. I have tried Fedora, Arch, Void Linux, Debian, Endeavouros, and Gentoo. After so many operating systems, I’ve found that my home was Ubuntu all along.

I starting using Ubuntu on Hardy Heron. I didn’t know what a partition was so ended up wiping my mom’s computer after installing. She started out furious, but found Ubuntu to be usable for what she needed to do on the computer. She now uses it on her daily machine to this day.

I want to help the community in any way I can. I would love to be able to help new people get used to using Linux. I would love to contribute any bug fixes that I see any make myself useful to the community that supported me so much when I first started. I speak English and French and can provide translations for either of those languages if needed.

I look forward to meeting some of you and contributing what I can to this great community!

Thank you,
Anthony

5 Likes

I know this is an older introduction, but I love your accidental evangelization.
I imagine that was a pretty hard sell back in the days of “Jaunty”.