Future of Ubuntu Community

@wxl It being after 1300 UTC on October 24th you will want to log in to CIVS to close balloting so you get results. I don’t think it was ever upgraded to do that automatically without human intervention.

Sorry for the delay. The poll is now closed. I’m working on announcements as we speak, but bear with me. I’ll leave a link here.

I’ve added the winners to the mailing list, so any business that needs to be dealt with should be sent there: community-council@lists.ubuntu.com. I’m sure, at the minimum, getting all the boards and everything back up and running will be important first steps.

Official announcement here:

3 Likes

Also, thanks to the CC for coordinating the call for nominations to the Tech Board and I look forward to posting the shortlisted candidates for election this year. Really appreciate the great work the new CC are doing!

10 Likes

I am new to Open Source as a public member and that is why i had to write here

I am working within the “outside” maybe I should say, the old convergence community. But I feel like Canonical has moved forward for a better roadmap, because Cloud is dominating the world and the related computer science fields are pushing people(forcing) to act different.

And I do not feel Ubuntu Desktop is out of game. I am happy with new Ubuntu way. Even if it runs Unity7 or Unity8 or KDE or GNOME or other lightweight Desktop Environments.

Now what I will focus on is “security in mind” and writing applications compatible with the Canonical roadmap and Ubuntu Community.

I am trying to be open minded and I wait for the right time to get more ready for security issues and modern development.