Last week’s status can be found here: Foundations Team Updates - Thursday 22 September 2022
- PR: 1436 - fix issue around pass / fail reporting in integration tests
- PR: 1437 - scrub the recent changes and propose 6 PRs for merge to the Kinetic stable branch.
- PR: 1438 - revert the change to the generated filesystem object IDs, it’s not helping
- start release notes for pending Subiquity stable release coinciding with Kinetic
- klibc - cherry-pick fixes from upstream to address 2 build failures, uploaded but not yet accepted due to beta freeze
- sponsor user-setup fix LP: #1990488 for @ogayot
- bug triage
- continue work on autoinstall-desktop
- digging into partitioning/storage code within Subiquity
- opened draft PR https://github.com/canonical/subiquity/pull/1433 - accept extended partition with size -1 in autoinstall. This is still work in progress as partitions with size: -1 do not determine their maximum size properly.
- bug triage
- Reviewed PR to update link in docs
- Documentation updates
- Created PR to set environment variables while building gadget tree
- Updated to latest snapd API to unblock failing snapd CI
- Began work on miscellaneous cleanup
- Began work on supporting rootfs from a tarball instead of building it
- Resolved icu FTBFS in kinetic. In the Unapproved queue
- Troubleshooting bug with snapd-preseed hanging
- Prepared an SRU for livecd-rootfs to work around the above bug
- ISO testing
Debugging lists of packages that fail packages test on jammy test rebuild
Debugging licheeRV dkms module issue
- Debugging kernel that fails the live installer
- Test VisionFive 5.19
- Proposed fix for LP 1991096 “Upgrading Lubuntu and/or Kubuntu Jammy to Kinetic fails when using GUI”
- Investigated LP 1964036 “Firefox icon missing from panel following Kubuntu upgrade 20.04->22.04”
- While it is true that u-r-u should drop it’s firefox entry in deb2snap.json, it does not appear that this is actually the cause of the missing dock icon. Testing upgrades without this entry still resulted in a missing icon, suggesting it’s an issue with the firefox deb.
- Created KineticUpgrades wiki page (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KineticUpgrades)
- Investigated LP 1989596 “Completing Copying of Logs stage takes a very long time”
- This turned out to be a side effect of a systemd bug that was fixed in the latest upload (LP 1990278). The fact that systemd-resolved was not included in the bootstrap changed the impact of lb_chroot_resolv, and meant that the build environment’s /etc/resolv.conf was being left in the chroot and final squashfs.
- Meeting with @bdrung about systemd-coredump and apport
- Fixed LP 1990578 “FTBFS due to syntax error in test.sh” (socat)
- Fixed LP 1990562 “attempting to diff static library files raises UnicodeDecodeError”
- This resolves the numpy FTBFS from the archive test rebuild.
This week I am on +1 maintenance.
- Timezone “Europe/Kyiv” exists in tzdata but not in the webpage
Added patch d/p/ubuntu-kyiv-quirk.patch to let autopkgtests succeed.
- Autopkgtests failed.
- Graham synced python-fluids 1.0.22-1 (universe) from Debian sid (main) (LP: #1990962)
- vectorscan does not build on amd64
This seems to be due to warnings for the implementation of vectors in libboost.
We have not updated libboost since 2 years. We should have a look at it after the Kinetic release.
- Autopgktests failed for python-marshmallow-dataclass with python-typing-inspect 0.8.0-1
- Added upstream patches (LP: 1991064)
- Fixed autopkgtest failure due to incorrect regular expression (LP: #1991104)
- Fix autopkgtest failures due to mathematical accuracy by suppressing unreliable tests on non-amd64.
- zookeeper leads to autopkg issues for package patroni. This was resolved in Debian’s zookeeper (3.8.0-4).
- Applied remaining Ubuntu changes to Debian’s version 3.8.0-8 (LP: #1990151)
Thanks to Graham (@ginggs) for sponsoring and discussions.
- Finished revising Hyperpixel post after getting Qt working at the console
- Working on RPi.GPIO->lgpio shim
- Prepped a bump for rpi-imager (LP: #1990983); can that be added to my PPU?
- Investigated video acceleration for Core 22
- ISO testing for the Kinetic Beta
- Ran across an issue with sound on the server images (LP: #1991254)
- and an issue with cloud-init setting the hostname too late (LP: #1991261)
- and a potential issue in Bluetooth on server (but proving tricky to replicate)
- Firefox meeting
- Pi meetings
- Foundation bug triaging
- audacity: Uploaded audacity 3.2.0+dfsg-1 to Debian unstable and filed a FFe request: bug #1991252
- lame: Uploaded lame 3.100-5 and 3.100-6 for adding a lame.pc pkg-config file
- apport: Triage bug #1991200
I spent most of my time on building/testing audacity 3.1.3/3.2.0 and fighting against multiple issues. See https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2022-September/042319.html for detail.
I spent some time to refresh upstream merge requests and doing bug triage. I forgot to document some stuff that I did.
- Bug triaging
- Posted the http-parser + libgit2 MIR as deps of src:cargo
- Working on the libssh2 MIR
- Sponsored @adrien 's first upload \o/ (still stuck in a queue because of Beta freeze) for https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/p11-kit/+bug/1991067
- Fixed apt phasing/solver bugs. Still not optimal but better
- New bug came in too where dependencies of phased packages are installed but phased package is kept back. That’s always happened before in update-manager due to how the algorithm is implemented.
- Wrote some slides