The previous status is here: Foundations Team Updates - Thursday 02 March 2023
- PR: 1587 - added testing and documentation around autoinstall and the LUKS passphrase
- PR: 1589 (LP: #2009151 and others) - a trivial crash can be produced in manual partitioning of ubuntu-desktop-installer if one attempts to mark a disk bootable when it cannot be made so. Add an endpoint of potentially bootable disks, so that the UI can reduce the set of potential boot disks to just real ones.
- PR: 1590 (LP: #2007239 and others) - start work on fixing block probing taking too long by lengthening the time allowed for this before reporting failure, and logging the time it takes.
- LP: #2008952 - conflicts between network-manager and networkd preventing cloud-init from getting proper network access, rls-ll-incoming it
- LP: #2009679 - chat with bug submitter about keyboard behavior, things working as intended
- greenhouse packet reviews and interviews
- 23.10 planning
- proposed-migration - lsb and numpy: more retests and migration-reference tests
- LP: #2009524 reviewed and sponsored FTBFS bugfix on sparse for @vpa1977
+1 maintenance week:
Thanks to @dbungert, @mwhudson @liushuyu-011, @ginggs and @amurray for the help.
- sparse: LP: #2009524 - ftbs fixed, package deployed
- rust-brotli-decompressor: LP: #2009538 - issue with tests reported to debian and fixed by the Maintainer. Package synced and autopkgtests requeued.
- rlottie: LP: #2009551 - ftbs fixed, package deployed
- radare2-cutter: LP: #2009553 - depends on radare2 which is going to be uploaded by @amuray.
- racon/libthread-pool: LP: #2009537 - ftbs fixed for libthread-pool, need to rebuild racon against the new package.
- nvda2speechd: LP: #2009747 - requires internet access to build, part of the non-free Debian pocket.Asked in #ubuntu-release whether we should keep this package.
- nthash/btllib: LP: #2009757 - currently looking into resolving armhf test timeouts
- Preparing for the update to Rust 1.68 (scheduled to be released in a few days).
- Sent Debian/Ubuntu-specific fixes to the Rust upstream (PR#108376).
- Re-iterated Rust 1.67 to include this fix in 1.67.1+dfsg0ubuntu1-0ubuntu3.
Refactored part of the
devscriptspackage to drop
libswitch-perlfrom the dependencies (due to rejected MIRs).
- Proposed migration: still investigating test failures for
- Drafted a new starter-oriented documentation to help new Foundations members to get started faster.
- proposed-migration: sphinx vs librsvg
- systemd review & sponsoring for @enr0n
- MIR: devscripts, https://pad.lv/2007279
- MIR: inetutils-telnet support for @dviererbe, https://pad.lv/2008789
- ubuntu-devel@ netplan/resolved/avahi mDNS email (architectual decision)
- merge dbus config/get regression, https://github.com/canonical/netplan/pull/331
- drafted network config TUI spec
- diataxis docs review for @danilogondolfo, https://github.com/canonical/netplan/pull/333
- 0.106 permanent MAC matching call-for-testing coordination & emails
- Core20 customer debugging, https://pad.lv/2007667
- reach out to Ubuntu Flavors about Netplan everywhere testing
- backlog grooming
- candidate interviews & take-home test reviews
- spec work (updates/status/comments)
- Fixed autopkgtest regression in opentsne
- Fixed FTBFS in matplotlib
- Merged mdadm
- Fixed FTBFS in libcl3
- Sync’d ubelt, python-line-profiler and field3d
- Sponsored arno-iptables-firewall sync for @zhsj
- Sponsored ganeti sync for @xypron
- Proposed-migration, audit vs glibc: audit migrated after glibc’s tests were retried
- Added migration hints for theseus, beast2-mcmc, snpeff, q2-phylogeny, field3d, mesa, ddnet and llvm-toolchain-16
- Added ipyprallel, jupyter-client, pythran, sagemath, umap-learn and python-django-celery-results to big_packages
- Reviewed several FeatureFreeze exceptions
- Candidate interviews
- Identified blocking autopkgtest issues in procps and ganeti. Resolved testing without these (@ginggs)
- Autopkgtests fail with new procps. Reported upstream. The resolving patch has been applied in Debian (@ginggs) and is not in lunar.
- Prepare slides and demo system
- Testing installer
- investigated flaky autokgtest results (See: https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/lintian)
MIR (Main Inclusion Review)
SRU (Stable Release Upgrades)
- started working on backport for dotnet6 6.0.114 to kinetic and jammy (See LP#2009852)
- started working on backport for dotnet7 7.0.103 to kinetic (See LP#2009855)
- responded to LP#2009270: can’t update ubuntu version. Help me please
- found dotnet7 bug: LP#2009864: debian/README.source contains build instructions for dotnet6
- more iterations on the issue of anacron disabling itself upon upgrade; this is hopefully the last iteration
- FFe for strace 6.1 so that it matches linux 6.1 in lunar
- more work on faketime; laid out an implementation plan
- crypto-configuration: light changes to the specification in the sense they changes are not deep and do not impact the meaning
- work on faketime and planning, including how to start upstreaming
- Two new golang releases (1.19.7, 1.20.2)
- Proposed migration:
- fakeroot (identify the binutils regression on i386 is caused by #2009355
- kmod (identify the arno-iptables-firewall regression is caused by new kernel version 6.1, fixed in Debian, so ask for a manual sync for it)
- Continue studying snapcraft and its process.
- Compare Go application image built by chisel and normal ways, and write reports for it.
- Filed a MP to skiptest glibc 2.37-0ubuntu1 to finally get it migrated
- Prepared a bugfix upload once that one gets through, including FFe paperwork for non-bugfix content
- Investigated various bug reports
- Reviewed @liushuyu-011’s work on backporting the 1.66 and 1.67 toolchains
- Take-home test reviews
- Prepared SRUs for Jammy and Kinetic
- Prepared Lunar upload with a couple of bug fixes
- Opened bug about networkd-test.py failing in kinetic (LP 2009859)
- Some failures are test bed failures, so I requested those be retried. The dbus-python is a real failure due to a syntax error in python3-dbg-config. Still investigating the cause, because the python3-dbg-config script is generated at build time.
- Catching up on lots of upgrade bug reports.
- Reported (and marked a few duplicates) of an HDMI audio bug on Jammy (LP: #2009136)
flash-kernelfix preventing flashing of not-yet-completely-installed kernels (LP: #2007827)
- Started SRU work on the above issue (needs backporting all the way to focal)
libcameraLTO fix after forwarding upstream (LP: #2009824)
- Uploaded update for
linux-firmware-raspito resolve (some) Camera Module v3 issues (amongst several other fixes) (LP: #2009826)
- Re-verified the Pi monitor power-save issue (LP: #1998716)
- Tested candidate core22 build of firefox for hardware accel on Pi
- Take home tests
I did not have many working days due to vacation, sickness, public holiday. Only noteworthy:
- Included the last dbus integration fix in the SRU (LP: #1997467)
- Reworked the Netplan documentation according to the Diátaxis framework (PR#333)
- Created what we expected to be the first official Netplan getting state turotial as part of the work
- Working on better error handling in the Python code that crashes due to exceptions not being handled properly (like in
netplan setwith bad inputs and
netplan getwithout permissions to read the files)
- Investigated a few LP bug reports
- Investigated the remaining