Earphone option popup whenever I try to unlock the screen or open the lid

GNOME 3.36.3 | Ubuntu 20.04.1

It has been a month and I have been experiencing this weird behavior.
Actually two significant weird behavior:

• Earphone option like this while unlocking the laptop as if I have inserted earphones.
  • I have to press Fn + Esc every time I start Ubuntu.

Some details on 1st issue:
I have to wait like 10 min or so after the lock of the screen. This will trigger something and I will see earphone options. Or I have to close the lid and wait like 10 min or so and open the lid and BOOM I will see annoying unwanted earphone option. I can upload a video showing this in action IF u don’t believe me.

Some details on 2nd issue:
Why I have to press Fn + Esc? This didn’t use to happen before. Neither the 1st issue. To use the button which is used to increase/decrease/mute volume, brightness, etc I have to unlock those key by pressing Fn + Esc.

Something is wrong. I want to know why? Is it a new Ubuntu’s gnome update? All of a sudden I have been experiencing this! It’s a small issue but very painful to go throw this EVERYDAY.

I would love to know what is causing this?

Edit:
Just reported in launchpad and in communities like ubuntufourms & reddit.
Sadly no response yet. :disappointed_relieved:

Edit:
Reported the first issue again in the launchpad properly with ubuntu-bug pulseaudio command. Thanks for @ogra suggestion.

Did you search for similar bugs on Launchpad? Or report your issue there?

Does this also happen in other distributions or if you boot into the “Live CD”?

Anyway, this forum is not really the right place for fixing your issue and you would have much chance of success on Launchpad :slight_smile:

Ok, I will report this issue in the launchpad, ubuntu-forums, Reddit too.
Although I less of a hope left form launchpad from past experience.

Does this also happen in other distributions or if you boot into the “Live CD”?

Don’t know. Didn’t tried. Probably won’t.

Anyway, this forum is not really the right place for fixing your issue …

What exactly is this forum for? Enlighten me.

It this the same issue? Bug report - headphone issue

Ok, I will report this issue in the launchpad, ubuntu-forums, Reddit too

No need to open threads on ubuntu-forums or Reddit. Launchpad is the place for bugs.

What exactly is this forum for? Enlighten me

Ahh, I’ve seen this question many times here. Where can I find the explanation :thinking: @popey?

Isn’t there onboarding shown to new users? Of course if there is, most probably just click it closed without reading, like most TOS agreements.

1 Like

So, no help for any user given here in this community.

if you want to find a workaround with the help of others, go to askubuntu:

if you want to actually get the issue fixed, report it on launchpad against either the gnome-shell package or pulseaudio (i imagine one of these two are involved) …

just add tasks for these two to your existing launchpad bug and invalidate the one you created against the metapackage that likely no develper actively monitors.

Thanks, I will do that immediately.