Hi everyone, below you will find the updates from the Desktop team from the last week.
If you’re interested in discussing a topic please start a thread in the Desktop area of Discourse.
We also have our weekly meeting on IRC. We meet on Tuesday at 13:30 UTC in #ubuntu-desktop on Freenode. There will be an “Any Other Business” section at the end where you are welcome to raise topics. These topics might be discussed during the meeting, or afterwards depending on the time, depth of conversation, topic and so on.
Last week’s notes are here: https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/desktop-team-updates-monday-27th-january-2020/14107
GNOME Software/Snap Store snap:
- Lots of work on the packagekit branch, only remaining issue is debs aren’t listed on the installed page.
- Enabled fwupd and verified firmware updates work
- Added autostart for the application service, just like we do for the deb
- Improvements to some snaps of gtk2 apps
- gtk2-common-themes updated to build for core18 to support other architectures like which will allow it to build on more architectures, PR
- GTK 2 theme fixes the gimp snap PR
- GTK 2 theme fixes the glimpse-editor snap PR
Been late, due to FOSDEM travel back.
- Updates to fprintd meson port [MR]
- Memory fixes and cleanups for fprintd [MR]
- Some updates for preparing the libfprint 1.90.1 release [MR]
- Added more unit tests to fprintd and valgrind support [MR]
- Ported fprintd to gdbus (as per fixing security issue causing policykit lock-up)