Hi everyone, below you will find the updates from the Desktop team from the last week. If you’re interested in discussing a topic please start a thread in the Desktop area of Discourse.
We also have our weekly meeting on IRC. We meet on Tuesday at 13:30 UTC in #ubuntu-desktop on Freenode. There will be an “Any Other Business” section at the end where you are welcome to raise topics. These topics might be discussed during the meeting, or afterwards depending on the time, depth of conversation, topic and so on.
Last week’s notes are here: Desktop Team Updates - Monday 20th July 2020
snapd dbus activation:
snapd PR #8861 (install dbus-daemon configuration to search for service activation files in
/var/lib/snapd/dbus-1) was merged. Almost immediately it caused spread test failures for others, which were fixed with core PR #114 which is also merged. I’m not sure why it didn’t show up in testing of my branch, but I suspect it was actually testing code in trunk rather than the changes in the PR.
snapd PR #8943 (install service activation files) rebased on master and marked ready for review. This is the final part after splitting the old PR, and is down to +848/-14 lines, with almost half of that being spread tests. All tests are passing in CI (which .
snapd theme support:
snapd PR #9043, which refactors the REST API access control routine into smaller composable checkers is set to be ready for review. All tests are passing in CI.
- I’ve made a store request to enable auto-connect and greedy plug behaviour for the
gtk-3-themes slots on the
gtk-theme-traditionalhumanized snaps. Assuming things behave as expected, this should do the following:
gtk-theme-traditionalhumanized on a system should cause it to connect to all the snaps
gtk-common-themes was connected to.
- installing new application snaps afterwards should connect to both snaps’ slots.
Pulse Audio snap policy module:
- Had an initial dig into bug 1886854. Not yet sure of the root cause, so still investigating.
- Watched a few recordings of talks from this year’s Guadec. Unfortunately, pretty much all the talks were scheduled for when I’m usually sleeping, so haven’t watched anything live.
- It looks like a lot of the recordings are either private or missing on the BigBlueButton instance, so I guess I’ll wait for it all to be uploaded to YouTube. I provided some scripts that should help automate the export and rendering process.