The purpose of this communication is to provide a status update and
highlights for any interesting subjects from cloud-init upstream. If
you would like to reach the server team, you can find us at
the #cloud-init channel on Freenode. Alternatively, you can sign up
and use the cloud-init mailing list
cloud-init discourse hub for more
- Relocation of primary upstream IRC communication from Freenode to Libera.chat#cloud-init due to political dynamics related to Freenode staff resignation. Please bring all ongoing IRC discussions to Libera.chat #cloud-init. We will keep a few clients open on Freenode #cloud-init for a while to help transition folks.
- We plan on retiring antiquated and exlusive branch naming practices by renamining our primary upstream development branch from
main. An email will me sent to the cloud-init mailing list to describe this change and solicit concerns or feedback.
- Cloud-init Stable Release Update 21.2 discovered a bug in testing. We are working to resolve that bug and the release will be published to Bionic, Focal, Groovy and Hirsute.
- Docs: Replace all freenode references with libera (#912) - openbsd/net: flush the route table on net restart (#908) [Gonéri Le Bouder] - Add Rocky Linux support to cloud-init (#906) [Louis Abel] - Add "esposem" as contributor (#907) [Emanuele Giuseppe Esposito] - Add integration test for #868 (#901) - Added support for importing keys via primary/security mirror clauses (#882) [Paul Goins] (LP: #1925395)
- Make OCI's availability domain required