Chrome crashes Kubuntu back to the login screen

I hope I’m putting this in the appropriate community, please let me know if this should be posted elsewhere. I’m running Kubuntu in Parallels in a VM on a MacBook Pro Retina with a 500GB SSD and 16GB RAM. I’ve been able to install Parallel’s Tools so I can see everything on my Mac and cut and paste from my Mac into Kubuntu. I have installed Chrome and am having a strange problem. No matter what settings I use in Config, even giving Kubuntu 8GB RAM, 8 Processors and 2GB of Display RAM, Chrome keeps crashing and the screen goes back to the login for Kubuntu. Once I enter my login, it takes me to a blank desktop and Chrome is no longer on. I can open Chrome back up again and it’s where I was, but it happens over and over. It always happens when i click on the 3 dots on the top right of Chrome to enter Settings or other options. All other times, it’s seems rather random, but it is frequent. I understand there is a memory leak in Gnome Ubuntu that has a patch and I don’t know if this is related.

This site is for the co-ordination of the Ubuntu project(s), and not support.

For Ubuntu Support options, there are many listed at https://community.ubuntu.com/t/finding-help/712