Hello Multipass friends!
The Multipass Team is pleased to announce Multipass version 1.13.0.
This release includes the much sought after support for snapshots of instances! With this, you will be able to create an instance, configure it as you see fit, and then take a snapshot of it so you don’t have to start from scratch in case something goes wrong with your instance and need to start over. For more information about snapshots, you can read the documentation here.
- Multipass has moved to using Qt6 (version 6.2.4 to be exact). This fixes a number of bugs in Qt itself and also allows for PAC files for proxy support.
- Rewrite of some parts of the cross platform SFTP server used for
classicmounts to use
QFile. This avoids some bugs in Qt along with using more of the stdlib when we can.
- Fetching of remote image information is more performant and will not block the client as before.
You can install the Snap from the
stable snap channel:
snap refresh multipass --stable
snap install multipass --stable
As forewarned in the 1.12.0 release notes, this release only supports macOS 11 Big Sur and newer.
hyperkit driver is not available in this release, so if you are still using Hyperkit instances, you will either need to migrate them using 1.12 or not upgrade to 1.13.
- Update libssh submodule to v0.10.5.
- Update fmtlib submodule to v10.1.1.
- Use TLSv3 when generating client certificates (thanks alexbathome!)