We would like to announce version 0.8.0 beta release of Multipass!
The Snap version is now in the
The Windows version is found here and the Mac version is found here.
multipass find output is now nicely formatted (#794)
- separate data for different drivers, allowing safe switching between them (#800)
- standard input/output support in
transfer (#789 - thanks @MaximDanilov!)
- you can change the primary instance name, meaning any existing instance of your choice can be the primary one - just
multipass set client.primary-name=<name> (#805)
- it is now as easy as
multipass set local.driver=virtualbox to change drivers (#835)
if you used
snap set to change it previously, the setting will get migrated to multipass set for you
- in the snap, the
libvirt driver now uses system
libvirtd instead of an internal one (#850)
You can find the full list of changes in our v0.8.0 project and even more detailed in the full commit log.
MULTIPASS_VM_DRIVER environment variable is now ignored. Please unset it and use
multipass set local.driver=… to switch backends.
- prevent crash on
delete --purge (#761)
- fix concurrent launches of the same image (#664)
find formatting (#603, #765, #530)
- clean up instance data on failed launch (#680)
- long output to exec hangs (#772)
At the moment, on Windows and macOS there’s no icon to click on to run the GUI, as it’s our first iteration. You can run
multipass-gui yourself and see the menu in action
We’ll be properly integrating it with the desktop environments soon.
Please file issues here for problems and feature requests, or come to our discourse to chat. We’re also on
#multipass on Freenode. See you there