Alignment of password field in 20.04 login screen

The password input field looks a bit too much to the right to me. I don’t believe I’m the only one noticing the obvious, so is it a feature? Hopefully not.

This could be a couple of different issues and I know of no currently open bugs in the area… To help figure out what the problem is please log a bug by running:

ubuntu-bug gnome-shell

and attach a photo of the problem to the bug. Please then keep the discussion in the bug report and not here.

2 Likes

I think I can see what you mean. It’s a bit of an optical illusion because I held a ruler up to the screen and confirmed the password field is centered to the nearest millimeter.

The problem I can see is that it just doesn’t look centered because of the visual imbalance of the back button, and maybe the eye icon. Actually I think that white back button < is most of the problem. So maybe report the bug to:

ubuntu-bug yaru-theme-gnome-shell
2 Likes

Ok, I think we’re talking about different issues, what I was seeing was a bug that is already fixed in beta, now that I installed the beta I can also see the visual artifact you mentioned, but it’s subtle and I really don’t mind it. Thanks!

Sounds like it might have been this bug.

In future please be careful to report bugs to Launchpad, not here. And to update your system fully to confirm the bug is still present.