A Pi of many hats... which HATs should we prioritise for Ubuntu support?

With Impish Indri we brought support for the Raspberry Pi Sense HAT to Ubuntu (along with Dave Jone’s nifty Sense HAT desktop emulator).

We want to continue expanding the number of HATs we support going forward so let us know what HATs you’d like to see in future and what projects they would enable :slight_smile:

Personally I’d like to see more audio support, could do with a set of wifi speakers… :speaker: :speaker: :speaker:

1 Like

Personally I’d like to see more audio support, could do with a set of wifi speakers…

+1.

I too would like to see more audio support.

My Hifiberry DAC board stopped working with Indri on RPi4. The same hardware runs 20.04 and plays audio just fine.

I haven’t been able to do too much digging, but have enabled overlay debugging and didn’t see anything relevant in dmesg or journalctl.

do you know if support for i2c cards is planned?

There was a recent change to break out some kernel modules into an -extra package, which could be the reason that it suddenly stopped working. Could you try running sudo apt install linux-modules-extra-raspi on your Impish Indri installation?

That’s worth a try. Thanks for the tip!

I will report back this weekend.

I installed the extra modules this weekend, but it didn’t solve the problem. Fwiw, the hifiberry-dacplus* drivers were in place before the extra modules were installed.

sorry for hijacking the thread with a user issue, but if you have any recommendations, feel free to send me a DM or point me to a better place for this discussion.

cheers!

Support for Real Time Clocks would be nice. I’m not sure if that’s been fixed in 21.10 or not. The internet seems to be filling with accounts of people not getting their RTCs to work.

I have a DS1307 RTC hat, which I tried to get working a couple of releases ago. On 21.10 right now, but I haven’t actually tried to get it working.

I would definitely second the earlier requests for I2S audio support.