This is just a friendly reminder that Feature Freeze is coming up for 24.04, to be released this upcoming April. Here are a couple of dates I would like to draw your attention to:
- February 7th: A glibc upload is expected. Please be aware that autopkgtest queues will likely be longer. If you have any questions about adapting your package, please ask in
- February 22nd: We are expecting the 22.04.4 milestone. The more testing between now and then, the better.
- February 29th: Feature Freeze and Debian Import Freeze.
Here are standing items we should all be aware of:
- Brian Murray raised this bug.
- The Python 3.12 by default transition is going on right now. If you have affected packages, please fix them.
- Qt 5.15.12 is tangled with the above Python transition, for the time being.
- Kernel Team’s 24.04 plans
Canonical teams: am I missing anything? Anything you’d like to share and get input on before release?
Ubuntu flavors: Do you have any questions about what will happen over the next month? Have you decided on your installer story yet, and if not, do you need help with that, or anything else? What are your remaining release blockers?
This is an excellent opportunity to come together as a community and discuss any last bits we need to make this LTS great. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me personally, the Ubuntu Release Team, or a Patch Pilot on shift.
Thank you all for everything you do. I’m looking forward to this unique and exciting release!