+1 Maintenance Report - Week 26, 2024

I was on my third +1 maintenance this week and this is my shift report.

I began Monday with a run through the update_excuses page and found quite a few autopkgtest runs on arm64 failing due to what seemed like infrastructure issues. I resubmitted all of them. Later I also saw infrastructure failures on armhf, ppc64el and s390x. Re-submissions have had a near 100% success rate. Here’s the list of packages that migrated following re-submissions (apologies for not recording the migrating versions).

I wasn’t really planning to target any particular class of packages stuck in -proposed. I went scouting for universe packages stuck on problems that I could locally reproduce, investigate and comprehend. Following is a list of universe packages that I investigated and have attempted to fix.

python3-numpysane

A build-time test in C depends on header files from python3-numpy which were earlier symlink’d from /usr/include/python3.12. After the symlinks were removed the test started failing and was initially reported to Debian. A fix was devised upstream. But this fix needs a new builddep pkg-config.

Bug-report
Merge proposal

razercfg

A commit related to the new version (0.43-2) in debian/unstable hard-coded a python3.11 path in the razercfg.install file which causes the dh_install to fail on oracular.

Bug report
Merge proposal

python-qwt

Autopkgtests for python-qwt fail because of a ModuleNotFoundError for pytest. Adding python3-pytest as a test dependency fixes the problem.

Debian bug report
Debian merge request

streamlink

Package streamlink has autopkgtest failures because the failing tests depend on python3-pytest 8.2.2-1 which is also stuck in -proposed. I have filed an update_excuse bug which should be closed once both pytest and streamlink migrate.

Bug report

dkimpy vs. authheaders

Fix for an upstream bug report seems to have changed the ARC signatures generated by dkimpy. A test from package authheader (that depends on dkimpy) needed to reflect this change in the ARC signing. When I realized this and visited debian salsa, I saw a new authheader release with this change. This version (0.16.3-1) has now been synced from Debian and dkimpy has migrated today.

translate-toolkit

The autopkgtests for 3.13.0-2 fail with the python3-aeidon (src: gaupol) 1.15-1. This is reported by the debian CI as well. Its a ModuleNotFoundError for charset-normalizer, both in build-time tests as well as autopkgtests. Adding python3-charset-normalizer as a builddep and test dependency fixes the problem.

Bug report 1
Bug report 2
Merge proposal

libmina-sshd-java

This package is stuck in -proposed for 45 days. A Java-based SFTP test fails only on Launchpad builders. I wasn’t able to reproduce this issue in my local chroot. I wrote up a bug report and a possible way to work-around the problematic code that could fail in chroot environments.

Bug Report
Merge Proposal

wiredtiger

This package is stuck in -proposed for 66 days. This issue had an existing bug report. A build-time test fails due to a buffer overflow which I have attempted to fix. However, the test PPA builds now fail for different reasons on armhf and riscv64.

Merge proposal

wireshark vs libxml2

I just opened a bug report and the package maintainer reported that the problem had been fixed.

Bug report

url-normalize

This package is stuck in -proposed for 118 days as of today. Build-time tests fail with “ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘six’” causing FTBFS. Adding python3-six as a build-dep fixes this issue. This issue is not seen on debian/unstable because python3-six is pulled in as a transitive dependency.

of (IIRC) python3-requests.

Bug report
Merge proposal

cura-engine

This package is stuck in -proposed for 87 days as of today. This issue had an existing bug report. It was another case of a buffer overflow crash, but in autopkgtests.

Merge proposal

aevol

The package is stuck in -proposed for 191 days as of today. And this turned out to be another buffer overflow crash!

Bug report
Merge proposal

That’s it for this week! Thank you for reading.