I was on +1 maintenance this week from the 16th to the 20th of October, 2023. Here’s my report:
I spend my time ensuring that all blocked packages failures are documented and reported in Debian / upstream where applicable. I created a bunch of bug reports:
- numba 0.57.1+dfsg-1 autopkgtest regressions
- rust-minijinja 0.34.0-1 autopkgtest failure: Uninstallable dependencies
- octave-tisean 0.2.3.hg.2021.11.29-1 fails to build on all architectures
- python3-aiortc 1.5.0-2 autopkgtest autodep8-python3 failure
- rust-sysinfo 0.28.4-2 s390x regression: test_refresh_tasks fails
- pyhst2: FTBFS with CUDA 12: error: texture is not a template
- relion-cuda: FTBFS with CUDA 12: nvcc fatal : Value ‘sm_35’ is not defined for option ‘gpu-architecture’
- ruby-appraiser-rubocop 1.0.1-2 has invalid dependencies
- systemtap 4.9-1 fails to build on ppc64el and i386
- faust: FTBFS: make: *** No rule to make target ‘tmp_llvm_lib/libPolly.dir’, needed by ‘lib/libfaustwithllvm.a’. Stop.
- zim-tools 3.2.0-1 fails to build on amd64, ppc64el, and s390x: zimcheck-test fails
- ares 132-1 fails to build on armhf, riscv64, and s390x (and suggested how to fix)
- rmlint 2.9.0-2.5 fails to build: test_stdin.test_stdin_read hangs
- aircrack-ng 1:1.7+git20230807.4bf83f1a-1: FTBFS due to failing test-wpapsk-cmac
I ended on cross-toolchain-base-mipsen which is 71 days old as of this Friday’s report (i.e. in the queue since 2023-08-10). From the 103 packages in the queue, the oldest 58 packages have a update-excuse bug linked and 8 of the more recent ones. This leaves 37 packages that still need to be looked at.
Tickets for the archive admins
- Asked on #ubuntu-kernel about nvidia-open-gpu-kernel-modules and got @xnox creating RM: unused in ubuntu / packaged separately
- Please remove kchmviewer builds on ppc64el, riscv64, and s390x
- acpica-tools 20230628-1 removed big-endian support
I stumbled over Debian bug #1052847 and submitted a better fix for upstream marshmallow: https://github.com/marshmallow-code/marshmallow/pull/2198
pd-xsample 0.3.2+git20170905.1.4441ae5-6 fails to build on ppc64el. I fixed the last complaint from the build log and submitted it upstream. Then I noticed that this was only a warning and not the culprit. The relevant error message was printed way earlier. The latest upload enabled building Pd64 externals, but vec_dst only supports
float but not
double. So I disabled this change for ppc64el and uploaded pd-xsample 0.3.2+git20170905.1.4441ae5-7 to Debian unstable.
speech-dispatcher-contrib 0.11.5-1 needs speech-dispatcher >= 0.11.5. So a new version of speech-dispatcher needs to be merged.
pyina and pathos
pyina and pathos cannot be built because they need multiprocess >= 0.70.15, see Update to newer upstream (>= 0.70.15) to allow python3-pathos to build. So I went ahead and updated this Python modules using my Debian Python Team hat.
I created the update-excuse bug #2039968 and linked the already existing bug in Debian. Since it is a Python package under the Debian Python Team, I tried to fix it. The
cmake configuration file has options to disable ssse3 and aes, but it hard-codes
-mstackrealign. Then the build fails due to the missing
wmmintrin.h header. So I decided to report the issue upstream to let upstream fix it: https://github.com/Legrandin/pycryptodome/issues/774
Syncs to fix failures
Following package should be (auto-)synced after the archive openening:
- Sync 1.6.3-1 to fix proposed-migration for cgreen 1.5.1-1build1
- Sync python-aiortc 1.5.0-3 to unblock the python3-aioice/0.9.0-1 migration
- Sync sublime-music/0.12.0-1 - this should solve the autopkgtest failure with dataclasses-json 0.5.13-2
- Sync gpac >= 2.2.1+dfsg1-2 which builds with ffmpeg 6.0
- Sync pd-xsample 0.3.2+git20170905.1.4441ae5-7 which fixed the build failure on ppc64el
- Sync multiprocess 0.70.15-1 to allow building pyina and pathos