Yannick Mauray (FrenchguyCH) | Membership Application

Hello everyone. My name is Yannick, I’m also known as the French guy from Switzerland in some corners of the internet, and I would like to become an Ubuntu Member.

I have been usuing Ubuntu in different shapes or forms since 8.04, the Hardy Heron - gosh, that was almost 14 years ago ! - which should tell you a little bit about my age. You will then not be surprised to know that I have written my application on the Ubuntu Wiki. I started writting it just before the new process was put in place, and, unless it is absolutely imperative that I do so, I will not copy/paste the information here :slight_smile:

I signed the code of conduct back in 2013, and then resigned it in august 2021, with my new and current GPG key.

I’ve asked a few people for testimonials, and hopefully they will appears on my wiki page or here in a not too distant future.

In the meantime, I am open to all questions and/or concerns anyone might have, and I will of course gladly respond here.

Thank you !

4 Likes

Hello Yannick -

Pleased to see you stepping up. Your credentials, as impressive as they are, will be bolstered by testimonies from your contemporaries. I do want to see the witnesses.

And yes - application via the WIKI is just as fine as on the forum.

I look forward to processing your submission.

Cheers
Bashing-om

1 Like

Fingers crossed, those testimonies will pop up rather sooner than later :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You’ve got at least one! :blush:

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks to @madhens and @Wimpy for the kind words. I have added my name on the board for the next “3rd wednesday”, so unless I’m mistaken, and despite what is written on the wiki page, is Wednesday, 17 November, at 12:00 UTC.
Now I shall go and read that CoC one more time !

3 Likes

Yah Yannick :smiley:

You have done well, and for so long.

I look forward more so to processing your application on the 17th.

Cheers:
Bashing-om