Where do I report documentation problems?

I don’t seem to be able to create posts yet but I have found something on the wiki that is broken. Is this the right place to report it?

While this topic is not the place to report a specific content issue, the “I don’t seem to be able to create posts” remark fits well here IMO.

Assuming you are talking about editing one of the wikis at wiki.ubuntu.com or help.ubuntu.com/community, information about what’s needed can be found here. It is important to note that you need to be a member of the Ubuntu Wiki Editors team.

1 Like

Well, the Community Help Wiki is … a wiki. It’s simply a collection of user contributions, and no individual or team is committed to maintain all those pages.

Once in a while people file bugs with requests to change something. In those cases I usually answer like this:

Please note that the page in question is a wiki page which anybody can edit - including you. :wink:
WikiGuide - Community Help Wiki
Since you seem to know how it should be changed, it would be great if you could fix it.

If you are not already a member of the ~ubuntu-wiki-editors team:
When applying to join, please also contact the team admins referencing this bug number and how you plan on improving the wiki page and they will review your request to add you to the team.

Due to the nature of the community help wiki, you can’t request changes to it in the form of bug reports.

In other words it would be much appreciated if you could make those improvements of that KVM page you find motivated.

As regards various sets of official Ubuntu documentation, OTOH, people are welcome to file bugs. For instance, at the bottom of every page in the desktop guide and the server guide there is a link to respective bug tracker.