Wallpaper Competition for Impish Indri - Ubuntu 21.10

10 Likes

9 Likes

Thank you for bringing back the wallpaper contest!

The competition will be tough this year! By curiosity, why did you choose to restrict yourself to two community wallpapers this year?

Anyway, here is a sized-down version of my contribution:

It’s under the CC-BY-SA 4.0 license.

8 Likes

Added to the descriptor, thanks! :blush:

Beautiful photo, and great question :blush: It’s because we want to make sure the official desktop image is appropriately small. If we pack it with too many super-resolution photos it’ll hurt users just downloading their favorite desktop :desktop_computer:

2 Likes

My $0.02

9 Likes

2 Likes

Petunias. Licensed CC BY-SA 4.06.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Here is my entry
Crab by Deepak Kumar Rout
License Creative Commons

6 Likes

This is my work.
In any version of Ubuntu the default wallpaper is an animal… so for that reason i made a draw of our species, humans.
i ve not used any reference. Anyway…

the name of this is Margot.

Licensed CC BY-SA 4.06.

6 Likes

“Draft”

6 Likes

licenced under the CC BY-SA 4.06

3 Likes

Emerging

licensed CC BY-SA 4.06

2 Likes

The Lighthouse

licensed CC BY-SA 4.06

2 Likes

Hey there,

saw this competition on omgubuntu and since I enjoy doing some stuff in Inkscape, I thought that I would give this a try :slight_smile:.

My design is a bit more traditional, and I was inspired by the cosmic cuttlefish which is still my favorite one. It portrays an Indri in a rather abstract art style. In fact, the Indri was created almost exclusively with the circle tool. None of the content was taken from other sources, so there is no issue with licensing.
There are orange, purple and dark variants (named pumpkin, liquorice and midnight). If you ask me, I think that the purple one looks best :wink: .

The license is cc 4.0

21 Likes

Hope you like it. That is me in Derbyshire England.

3 Likes

My contribution!

8 Likes

Vanishing point at sunrise

Sized down version. The full size version is 4000 x 2250 px.

It’s under the CC-BY-SA 4.0 license.

6 Likes

This is my contribution … I call it “HOPE”

2 Likes