Wallpaper competition - Eoan Ermine 19.10

5 Likes

I have lots of pictures thrilled to share that I will do later.

However, will the competition go into August? Im on vacation on the first week of August and its a perfect time to go snapping.

sky

Phoebe The Cat - Santa Catarina / Brazil

8 Likes

The Hidden Red Sky
Original resolution: 6016x4000

4 Likes

Museu do Amanhã - Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil.

7 Likes

At the moment the picture is at 16:9 and comprimised. But i have the original raw file with 5.184x3.888 Pixel (4:3). --> Give you CC BY-SA 4.06 or CC BY 4.03 licence.

16 Likes

Ermine diving vector with squares on the background.

Hey! So, I did another version with black and white color scheme, but I think this gradient represents more Ubuntu’s identity

35 Likes

DarkAquarela | CC BY-SA 4.06 licence, 3840x2160 px.

8 Likes

Alright, lets get this party started.

Question: If there is an image available from a place like Shutterstock that I can use the place images on (not a live action photo) is that legal?

I also just got a new phone so im transferring data, for now, I have this picture.

But expect good ones, I did lots of vacationing-Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Woods Hole, and uh idk, places. Here you go.

4th of July Spectacular

5 Likes

13 Likes

I think your question is can you use images from sources like Shutterstock, to which the short answer is no.

The long answer is that it depends on the licence of the image and if it permits you to use it in that manner, but more importantly, it’s not in the spirit of the wallpaper competition. This is about showcasing the best pictures from the Ubuntu community.

If you wanted to use certain aspects or components of stock images, you would again need to check the licence of the image and ensure that you were allowed to do that.

1 Like

At the moment the picture is at 16:9 and comprimised. But i have the original raw file with 5.184x3.888 Pixel (4:3). --> Give you CC BY-SA 4.06 or CC BY 4.03 licence.

17 Likes

original resolution: 5499x3663

10 Likes

Blue Angels over Kansas City

6 Likes

Blooming Thistle

14 Likes

my photo to beautify the ubuntu desktop little flower

3 Likes

4475 × 2987

16 Likes

Reminds me of Windows XP :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fox in Berlin. This image is heavily compressed for smaller size. The original is 6000x4000. If selected, this image will be licensed under CC BY-SA.

7 Likes