The GNOME 3.34 migration (what are your bugs?)

Not really a bug but a wish : now that GNOME allows to launch Synaptic as root running a Wayland session, it could be nice to modify the Synaptic desktop launcher to “sudo synaptic” instead of the Wayland-failing “synaptic-pkexec” ?

5 Likes

The App menu behaves strangely for me. I have a few icons hiding behind the doc and then the rest starts disappearing when I hover the mouse over them. Rest of the system is stable for me.

1 Like

That’s bug 1842053 which doesn’t seem to affect me any longer. :confused:

In overview, bottom windows fall partially outside the screen / are clipped:

This is 3000x2000 screen at 200% scale.

1 Like

Thanks! Subscribed to it.

Happening in mine as well.

2 Likes

What is your screen resolution and scaling factor? This seems like a serious bug.

Oh sorry I should have included that. It is 1920 x 1080.

Pretty standard resolution nowadays. They surely not have missed this one upstream. Probably some stuff downstream in the transition to 19.10. Will report it to launchpad later.

Does it matter if I was running in GNOME Boxes? This was run at full screen. If would like me to I can run it on live USB later on this evening after I get home from work.

I was running it from a USB iso, without installing. I don’t use Boxes since it doesn’t work quite well with hidpi. Besides, I mainly wanted to check out the performance improvements (which, btw, are outstanding in my setup).

2 Likes

Reported here https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1844529

It boots up so fast even in GNOME Boxes, the new LZ4 compression really shows!

1 Like

Ok, if you do that and you still can reproduce the bug, please confirm that it also affects you in Launchpad (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1844529).

This is how it looks on live environment. I downloaded the latest daily build.

So it’s not clipped? Is it the same iso that was showing the problem in Boxes? Or do you think this was fixed today?

This was latest daily build I downloaded this evening. What was odd was if removed a window then the bottom row would be pushed down but it wouldn’t be clipped, though the bottom of the window would be pretty close to the bottom of the screen.

Edit: running Ubuntu 19.10 (installed) on a dell laptop with screen resolution 1366x768, with all updates (even developer option) and you can see the window is pushed way down.

1 Like

The gnome-weather updates today fixed the weather data shown in the popover :wink:

Is it just me or are the numlock keys always disabled when entering the session? They are disabled even though the numlock light is on by default. But that isn’t necessarily GNOME/GNOME 3.34 related…

Yep weather data issue has been fixed. Numlock works for me.

1 Like

Also happening in Ubuntu 19.04 with GNOME 3.32.2-2ubuntu1~ubuntu19.04.1