I had a fresh new install Ubuntu Unity 18.04.2 yesterday, I installed from minimal CD so it should be a “Clean install”.
I found two issues annoying me a lot.
1, Login Screen backgound image won’t change to my user wallpaper automatically , it will keep the “purple default” whatever what i did.
I checked my Home Dir’s permission and Lightdm’s log files with no luck, I dont’t know how to fix it, As i recall this feature shuold work with my Old Ubuntu Unity 16.04.
Yeah I know I can change Login Wallpaper with some “hack-way”,But I don’t like that.
2, I found “Clipboard app” such as CopyQ \ Clipt \ Gpaste \ Didion will block System reboot.
You can check it with these steps:
- install copyq (or any other Clipboard app which you like) and run.
- make sure copyq is running (Indicator icon) and working( Logging your clipboard)
- Click to the right upside corner “Power Icon” and choose “Shutdown system”
- choose “reboot” or “Shutdown”
- nothing happened
- After 30 seconds, System suddely reboot/Shutdown
It seems there is something blocked system’s rebooting. It make take 30 sec for some “Timed out” and countinue rebooting.
I also checked system’s log and found nothing relate to this.
I don’t know if these are bugs or not, May be I should report them to launchpad?