Support Reqest - Automatic Suspend

Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS, suspends automatically and then there’s no sound from the device. The sound output switches to Dummy output and can’t be reversed. Need to restart to switch back sound.
Help me with automatic suspend and the other problem mentioned.
If I suspend it manually, then the sound problem doesn’t occur. It is there only when it suspends on its own.

This looks like a technical support request.

This site is for the co-ordination of the Ubuntu project(s), and other non-support matters.

For Ubuntu Support options, please have a look at https://community.ubuntu.com/t/finding-help/709

this has to be an absolute joke. it’s starting to seem like all Linux Distro companies or non-profit corporate engines - wahtever you consider yourselves - are trying to make it as difficult as possible for new users to learn and use these systems. It’d be really helpful if you could make your size 5 font shrink to 0.01 so that I can’t see anything at all and just say hey, the computer doesn’t work! If there’ any way you can add 15 other support pages that lead to this god damn post then it’d be greatly appreciated if you could point me in that direction.what a waste of time

While I appreciate you’re grumpy and it’s frustrating for you, this is what you see when a new user arrives at this site. Bold text " This site is not for technical support.

There are way better places to get support. Asking in the wrong place won’t help you or us. Other than reach through the screen and shake a user by the neck and say LOOK! READ THIS FIRST! What exactly are we supposed to do to improve this, I’d love to know!

1 Like