Reactivation of the Ubuntu Ecuador community

@aaronprisk
Hello, I would like to contact you or the community because we want to reactivate the ubuntu community in ecuador, and we have not received any response from you to our messages sent, I hope that we will be able to get back to you.

5 Likes

@loco-council Folks, do we want to check out this issue?

3 Likes

Few questions @bytecodesky

1. Were you able to reach out previous (inactive) leaders? Did they agreed you and new leaders to take over? (Note that if they are interested to reactivate isn’t important here)
  2. What kind of resources you need to hand over? Laundhpad (Ubuntu Ecuador Team in Launchpad), ubuntu-ec.org Domain, Maybe also chat(IRC, Matrix) and anything else?
  3. Are new leaders are registered on Launchpad with Ubuntu CoC signed (either with checkbox or PGP key) and at least one folk registered their PGP Key? This might be required for Launchpad and Domain takeover.
  4. Who are new leaders of Ecuador LoCo? Could you share their name, short bio? If they are on Laundhpad and Ubuntu Discourse, please also share their URL or tag them on reply.
  5. Have new leaders done any activities done recently? Could you share if there were any? If new leaders have some plan for running revived LoCo please also describe.
1 Like

@sukso96100

Ubuntu Ecuador Reactivation

Were you able to reach out previous (inactive) leaders? Did they agreed you and new leaders to take over? (Note that if they are interested to reactivate isn’t important here)

Of the previous leaders or organizers only one is active, we contacted him and expressed that we want to reactivate the community, after that we had a meeting to discuss important issues of how would be the process of reactivation of the community, so we started looking for connections to reach the Council and accepted the change of leader.

What kind of resources you need to hand over? Laundhpad (Ubuntu Ecuador Team in Launchpad), ubuntu-ec.org Domain, Maybe also chat(IRC, Matrix) and anything else?

The Ubuntu Ecuador launchpad account has the member @Meisok which is inactive and we can not make the transfer of that account to the new leaders, I do not know how you can help us on that issue, the IRC channel was with the domain ubuntu-ec.org which had a redirect to ubuntu.ec, we have two domains that represent us fallen and we have no communication with the maintainers to have them back, the social networking accounts if we have them, since we communicate with social manager and recovered the accounts.

Are new leaders are registered on Launchpad with Ubuntu CoC signed (either with checkbox or PGP key) and at least one folk registered their PGP Key? This might be required for Launchpad and Domain takeover.

Yes, I have signed Ubuntu Coc and I have my PGP key verified in launchpad, when the other new leaders come in they will do the same.

Who are new leaders of Ecuador LoCo? Could you share their name, short bio? If they are on Laundhpad and Ubuntu Discourse, please also share their URL or tag them on reply.

Pedro Franco: Petrux-ec in Launchpad Data and Cybersecurity Analyst

Darwin Proaño: Darwin Proaño Orellana in Launchpad Information Security Analyst in Ecuador

Angel Barre: Angel Barre in Launchpad Software and Web Developer, Github Campus Expert member

Have new leaders done any activities done recently? Could you share if there were any? If new leaders have some plan for running revived LoCo please also describe.

Yes, we will participate in Flisol 2024 Ecuador with an installfest of the latest ubuntu update, we stopped to participate in more activities, because we did not have the support of the ubuntu community to represent us as Ubuntu Ecuador because until now it was an inactive team, so we did not take the name out of respect.

1. We will organize regular social events, hands-on workshops and knowledge-sharing sessions so that we can learn from each other and build strong relationships.
  2. We want our LoCo community to be an engine of positive change in our environment. We will collaborate with local organizations, participate in volunteer projects and promote initiatives that benefit our society.

We are excited to put this plan into action and build together a bright future for our LoCo community. Thank you very much for your support.x

3 Likes

Thank you for the detailed answers! And, now let me try to bring some folks again…

@loco-council hey folks, would you like to have a look at the answer above?

3 Likes

Hello dear Ubuntu community board.
Regarding the reactivation issue, I must clarify the following:
I am e former contact of the ubuntu Ecuador community, until 2017, and that for various reasons became inactive.
I have not been relieved yet and rather, together with a group of young people are requesting the reactivation of the local Ubuntu community in Ecuador.
We are three people who have a plan of activities for the reactivation, we need technological resources and Ubuntu promotional material, what used to be called Ubuntu PACK, and that was spread in the install fest.
Any questions or concerns, I remain attentive to your comments.
Community greetings

2 Likes

Hello dear Ubuntu community board.

I am a new member of the Ubuuntu Ecuador community and we have an activity plan with the desire to reactivate the community as soon as possible

If you have any questions or concerns, I remain attentive to your comments.
Community greetings

Hello, good day,

I would like to know the latest update about the reactivation of the community.

Greetings

Hello folks, sorry for delays.
The LoCo Council is currently drafting Handover process. As soon as the process is approved by the LoCo Coucil, We’ll handle handover with that process.

1 Like

Hello Dear Friends. We continue to pay attention to the process of reactivation of the local community in Ecuador. Any news we are attentive to your suggestions and comments. A community hug

Hello folks, Thank for waiting. The LoCo Handover process has been approved.

You may now submit handover process on LoCo Support - Ubuntu Community Hub category using this template. Once submitted, We’ll handle the request according to the LoCo Handover process.

1 Like