(Re)Introducing the Community Team

I nominate you for Director of Community.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been helping users install and use Ubuntu for more than a decade now and Iā€™ve been looking for a way to build an installer that i can send them to boot from and enable me to help manage them with tools like remotepc,
is there something like that ever going to be available for ubuntu to tech support to setup and use to get new users up and running?
Could also help get more enterprises enrolled in situations where the employees only need a simple web-capable OS with simple apps. (VM for users on legacy software!)
Cheers,
Iā€™ll definitely be visiting the platform more.

Charles

2 Likes

Hello! Thank you so much for posting, and for helping so many people get started with Ubuntu!

I donā€™t know the answer to that question, but I can certainly bring it up to members of the relevant teams, and see if any of them can chime in on whether something like this might be possible - I imagine there might be some technical issues and security concerns re: unscrupulous people using an installer like that for bad ends. But it would be exciting if that could be done safely - I think a lot of us here do tech support for friends and family!

Thanks Ken, very interesting what you wrote and, by chance, it is just what I need because I joined this community just today and, to be exact, I am just a candidate for an HR role so, every introductory information are ā€œgoldā€ for me, in order to better uderstand this communiny and, consequentely, this Company that - as per my knowledge - is ā€œfoundedā€ on it! Thanks again - Michele