Open Letter for the Present and the Future / Carta Aberta para o Presente e o Futuro

20221029_125424

IN ENGLISH:

This thread was written and made from an old phone running Android 6.0 - Marshmallow that I got for temporary use, until I can buy a new phone.

Hello everyone from the Ubuntu community.

A lot of things happened and are happening this year, I can say in advance that all this has been very complicated to deal with. Based on that, today I come here to be straight to the point about my current situation, what I will try to do at the present moment and a set of intentions and proposals for the future that I want to be able to carry out when this whole scenario is in a favorable moment and stable.

# MY CURRENT SITUATION

20221029_131014

As you all know, I had to leave because my old cell phone stopped working, along with the cancellation of the number I used to access and log into Telegram. In the midst of this, I was not able to solve the problems involving my physical/mental health and my real life, which made me spend a few days without accessing the Internet, even when I got the temporary cell phone that I am currently using. and follow the main news regarding Ubuntu and the Linux world from afar. I got sick, I’m currently waiting to go to the psychiatrist to try to solve the problems related to my physical health and I’m going to the psychologist, in order to be able to solve the problems related to my mental health. I’m also trying to look for my first job to start saving money to buy a new notebook. It’s a difficult task to keep your mind and body in sync because of everything that’s happened, the only thing I can be sure to say to you is: I’m trying to be strong and doing my best so it doesn’t wear you out anymore. my health as a whole, so that I can come out of this situation recovered and ready to be able to return soon to activities within the Ubuntu community as a whole.

# HOW WILL THE QUESTION BE ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED ON TELEGRAM

20221029_135423

In the meantime, I was able to reflect a lot on my actions, attitudes and what I was doing regarding the ideas and proposals that I had and that I wanted to do with other members. In the same way that I accepted and recognized my flaws around an event, I also recognize that I failed to present better structured ideas and proposals, so that they would become more viable and attractive to the Ubuntu community in general. I see that many people on social networks prefer to expose situations of consecutive success and often do not admit that they are wrong and that they are not 100% right either: I feel this way. I am no owner of the truth, I try to listen and improve in order to improve what I already know how to do and see criticism as feedback that may or may not add to my life and my performance within the Ubuntu community in general. I went through moments of trouble at times, but I now recognize all of this as part of a process that will help me deal with the world around me in the future.

# MY DECISION ABOUT THE QUESTION OF MY RELATIONSHIP WITH THE UBUNTU PORTUGAL COMMUNITY

As you all know, I am Brazilian and as in other countries that have a mother tongue and franca, I speak Portuguese. When I talked here about the fact that in the last few months I had not had the perception that I had some importance within the Ubuntu Portugal community, this was a topic that left me in these months that passed a pending question, in which I sought answers both in Internet and with the psychologist I see and well, I believe this is a good time to be able to talk openly about my relationship on the Internet with this issue. I have never had and do not have prejudice against anyone, be it nationality, race, gender or any kind of things that are used on the Internet to attack, divide and segregate people even more. What I think about all of this is the fact that xenophobia exists coming from both sides, and it’s something that is most evident when talking about questions like accent, lifestyle, preference for dubbed content (Brazil) versus subtitled content (Portugal), among many other tastes and preferences. The main point regarding what I will reinforce here is: there is a lot of lack of dialogue between the two, it is something that cannot be resolved overnight and involves a set of attitudes that need to be shown to be reciprocal so that both sides can talk about, debate and resolve outstanding issues concerning the past and the present. I’ve always found the Portuguese accent from Lisbon to be a very beautiful accent, both to hear and to hear, even if it’s spoken a little faster than I speak being on the other side of the world. I have nothing against them and what happened also allowed me to open my eyes to the fact that there will always be good and bad people in every place, what I can do is look for people
the good ones and from them build small bonds of cooperation, without thinking so much about what will give and more thinking as a reciprocal help in the current moment we live. Based on that, I’ve decided that when I get back, I’ll really just focus on my side projects and in Ubuntu Unity in Portuguese I’ll try to help equally everyone who comes in and joins it. I will leave the Portuguese community alone, if things were not meant to be, I will respect that.

# MY POINT OF VIEW ON GNOME AND THE GNOME BRAZIL COMMUNITY

It took me a long time to accept the fact that Ubuntu adopted GNOME Shell as the default graphical interface in 2017, in the midst of this process I decided to put my bitterness aside and try to get closer to the local Brazilian community of the project. I could see and see that Ubuntu generates discord and heated debates that revolve around what happened to Ubuntu in the move from GNOME Shell to Unity in 2011. Many of these debates place Ubuntu as a distro that has run away from everything that The GNOME community expected it to be, so there is constant hype and admiration around Fedora, OpenSUSE, Debian, and other distros that use GNOME Shell and GNOME applications as they are natively made. From now on, I can say that the GNOME Shell interface is very beautiful and the applications of the GNOME project themselves are very good and straightforward applications in the functions they seek to deliver to users, this makes both the interface and the applications have thousands of fans. around the world. However, the lack of tolerance, respect for the existence and for users who use other graphical interfaces end up diminishing the shine that the project has and generates more debates on social networks about the way in which the development is conducted. The Linux world is a plural world, a world where users have freedom of choice and several options to do one or more things. To think that centralizing development efforts in a single project will solve things, will only generate more controversy and directly hit the essence of the freedom of choice that Linux represents for everyone, from those who use end-user focused distros like Ubuntu to distros more complex ones like Gentoo and FreeBSD. I accepted Ubuntu the way it is, but this acceptance doesn’t mean I’m going to take it and stop participating in the project I like the most, which is Ubuntu Unity. When you respect and accept the freedom of choice and the existence of different graphical interfaces, you allow yourself to be open to different views of how each person prefers to organize their device, which tools this person will use on a daily basis and give the option of that same person wants to test new applications, thus opening up the opportunity for constant improvement and driving innovation. I would like to see in the future a greater empathy and acceptance effort from the GNOME Brazil community and the global GNOME community in relation to this specific topic, as it would eliminate a good part of the existing toxicity in the Linux groups and forums around this question.

# A LITTLE BOOST FOR ULYSSES

Ulysses is a koala that I created to be the official mascot of Ubuntu Unity. The main objective of Ulysses is to convey the message of reception, reciprocity and companionship that Ubuntu Unity seeks to bring to members who arrive from other official flavors, from the main version of Ubuntu itself and from other distros in the Linux world. Some things about Ulysses that I would like to tell you are:

1 -> He was originally going to be quadrilingual (speaks English, Spanish, French and Portuguese), but with the failure of Ubuntu Unity LA, he is currently bilingual (speaks English and Portuguese).

2 -> The main reason he was baptized with the name he has is that my real life sister chose the name while I was creating him. She considers the name one of the most beautiful and the ones that match the most, mainly because it has the letter U.

3 -> He currently lives in Brazil, along with Sorriso Feliz.

4 -> His favorite colors are dark blue, purple and green.

5 -> The things that make you happiest are reciprocal dialogue, hope for better days and true friendship.

I’m currently seeing if in the future I should try to bring new images to it, in view of the great meaning it can represent for Ubuntu Unity as a whole. If this is not possible, I will see other ways of inserting it in the special posts of the year and in the project’s publicity posts here on the Internet.

# UBUNTU UNITY IN PORTUGUESE

For those who follow or not the Ubuntu Unity account in Portuguese on Twitter and the local group on Telegram, I have two things to say about them:

• The 1st is that the Telegram account I used was deleted and I no longer have control of the local group. In case I return to the project in the future, I I will try to work with the Telegram team on this issue so that I can take back the administration and management of it, so that I can carry out the necessary updates and recruit a small team to help with the local support and maintenance of its activity.

• The 2nd is that the Twitter account was frozen and paused, with the thread of small posts with Ulysses’ dialogues explaining the situation. The account will return to activities as soon as I return definitively in the future. Until then, I will try to do some monthly maintenance, so that it stays close and readjusted with the main English account of the project.

Some of the plans in mind for Ubuntu Unity in Portuguese are:

-> E&R Policy (Empathy and Reciprocity): Provision of community support prioritizing Ubuntu Unity and in the case of community members using the major version and other official flavors, make the appropriate redirection for each specific support group. Along with this action, build a healthy local community, where consensus and dialogue can remain open so that everyone can help with the knowledge they have of the problem/issue.

-> Establish dialogue bridges with other local communities of Ubuntu and other Linux distros, aiming to solve common problems and strengthen the role of the local community in providing support and its ties with its members.

-> Establish an open dialogue on issues related to the balance between the use of digital technologies in everyday life and the experience of real life.

-> Redesign the Twitter account to be less technical and more pragmatic/direct in the presentation of news, activities performed by the project/local community and closer to internet users, enthusiasts and followers.

-> Create a 1-hour podcast with 12 episodes per year (1 episode per month), with the aim of using the pioneering spirit provided by Ubuntu Podcast to build a local and alternative podcast that people can feel at home and be connected with everything that happens throughout the month, providing more quality information and discussion on important topics of interest to both the local community, as well as the Ubuntu and Linux community in general.

-> Seek to give free will to content creators, where the feedback they leave can be collected and passed on to the other members of the main project team.

-> Make the official package of official project logos available so that content creators can use it, so that the current logo can comply with correct and representative usage.

-> Develop and provide fast mechanisms for collecting feedback from local community members (bugs found, bugs detected, strange behavior, among others).

# OUR TEAM AND OUR COMMUNITY FRIENDS

Rudra, Maik, Tobiyo, the 3 of you have taught me many things so far. As much as I have a very different way of looking at life and how I’ve been dealing with it, I won’t deny that in the most difficult times where I thought everything was lost, the 3 of you supported me and gave me along this path until now. , the security that I can be myself and try to build some self-confidence so I can talk to other members of the Ubuntu community to discuss my ideas and proposals for improvements to the Ubuntu realm in general. Saying the word “Thank you” or “Thanks” would be insufficient to describe how grateful I am to be able to count on you. I hope to be able to return in the future with my head held high and ready to help you in any way I can, so that together we can bring Ubuntu Unity to more people.

Monica, Chris, Rick, Neff, Kai, Amy, Joshua and Arun. You are people who have a strong identity and a great determination to help others within the community. At some point you showed that no matter what, being yourself and being sincere is something that is beyond what many can see. It’s fighting for what you love the most and going deep into what you like to do most in order to be happy. I am also very grateful to have you and I hope that in the future I can have that great strength and determination that you have to face any kind of situation inside and outside the community.

Muq, regardless of which project you are on, I hope you are very successful and that your contributions to the Ubuntu and Linux community as a whole can be recognized by more people.

# A ONE PERSPECTIVE OF THE FUTURE

In the midst of a wave of many people who want to live only in virtual space and stop living real life, I want my future to be a balance between the simplest things and the most complex things, so that nothing goes wrong. It’s no use thinking that the virtual environment is the future, if every day more and more the Internet becomes more and more a stronghold for people with any er types of prejudice (LGBTphobia, xenophobia, racism, among others) and think it will be perfect as a fairy tale, where things are resolved with a magic wand. Real life is also important, because without it, we don’t exist as people and it’s important to value it so that we can always be willing to each day that comes, overcome each new challenge and obstacle that appears in front of us. The Internet is no substitute for real life and through my participation in the Ubuntu community and Ubuntu Unity, I will make every possible effort in my power so that people can give themselves a chance to have moments away from the Internet and more connected with nature and the world around you. It is possible to balance technology and real life, it’s just a matter of wanting it, so that both are in perfect harmony without one interfering with the other. I want to build a stable life, with balance, in a world that can have more empathy with others and let’s just be ourselves, seeking to bring more solutions/cooperation and less fights/confusion. That open dialogue can overcome any kind of barriers that prevent people from being happy and finding their happiness and motivation in this world.

Thanks for reading until the end and I hope to be back when all this is resolved, from Brazil, a one thank you and see you soon.

Allan (Alera).

EM PORTUGUÊS:

Esse tópico foi escrito e feito a partir de um celular antigo rodando o Android 6.0 - Marshmallow que eu consegui para uso temporário, até que eu consiga comprar um novo celular.

Olá a todos da comunidade Ubuntu.

Muitas coisas aconteceram e estão acontecendo nesse ano, posso dizer já de antemão que tudo isso têm sido muito complicado de se lidar. Com base nisso, hoje venho aqui ser direto ao ponto sobre a minha situação atual, o que irei tentar fazer no momento presente e um conjunto de intenções e propostas para o futuro que eu quero poder realizar quando toda esse panorama estiver em um momento favorável e estável.

# A MINHA SITUAÇÃO ATUAL

Como todos vocês sabem, eu precisei me afastar por conta que o meu antigo celular deixou de funcionar, junto do cancelamento do número que eu utilizava para acessar e logar no Telegram. Em meio a isso, eu não estava conseguindo resolver os problemas envolvendo a minha saúde física/mental e a minha vida real, o que fez com que eu ficasse alguns dias sem entrar na Internet, mesmo quando eu consegui o celular provisório que estou utilizando atualmente e acompanhasse muito de longe as notícias principais referentes ao Ubuntu e o mundo Linux. Fiquei doente, estou aguardando atualmente para passar no psiquiatra para tentar resolver os problemas referentes a minha saúde física e estou passando com a psicóloga, com o objetivo de poder resolver os problemas referentes a minha saúde mental. Também estou tentando procurar o primeiro emprego para começar a juntar dinheiro para comprar um novo notebook. É uma tarefa difícil manter a mente e o corpo em sincronia por conta de tudo o que aconteceu, a única coisa que eu posso ter certeza de dizer a vocês é: eu estou tentando ser forte e fazendo o meu máximo para que isso não desgaste mais a minha saúde como um todo, para que eu possa sair dessa situação recuperado e pronto para poder voltar em breve as atividades dentro da comunidade Ubuntu como um todo.

# COMO FICARÁ A QUESTÃO REFERENTE A TUDO O QUE ACONTECEU NO TELEGRAM

Nesse meio-tempo que passou, eu pude refletir muito as minhas ações, atitudes e o que eu estava fazendo referente as ideias e propostas que eu tinha e que queria fazer com outros membros. Da mesma forma como aceitei e reconheci as minhas falhas em torno de um evento, eu também reconheço que falhei em apresentar ideias e propostas melhor estruturadas, de modo que elas se tornassem mais viáveis e atrativas para a comunidade Ubuntu em geral. Eu vejo que muitas pessoas em redes sociais preferem expor situações de sucesso consecutivo e muitas vezes não admitem que erram e que também não estão 100% certas: eu me sinto assim. Eu não sou nenhum dono da verdade, tento escutar e melhorar para poder aprimorar o que eu já sei fazer e ver as críticas como feedback que possa ou não agregar a minha vida e ao meu desempenho dentro da comunidade Ubuntu em geral. Passei por momentos de perrengue em certas ocasiões, mas reconheço agora tudo isso como parte de um processo que vai me ajudar a lidar com o mundo ao meu redor futuramente.

# A MINHA DECISÃO SOBRE A QUESTÃO DA MINHA RELAÇÃO COM A COMUNIDADE UBUNTU PORTUGAL

Como todos vocês sabem, eu sou brasileiro e assim como em os outros países que possuem uma língua materna e franca, eu falo português. Quando eu falei aqui sobre o fato de eu não ter tido nos últimos meses a percepção de que eu tinha alguma importância dentro da comunidade Ubuntu Portugal, esse foi um tema que me deixou nesses meses que passaram uma questão pendente, na qual busquei respostas tanto na Internet quanto com a psicóloga que eu passo e bem, eu acredito que seja uma boa hora para poder falar abertamente sobre a minha relação na Internet com essa questão. Eu nunca tive e não tenho preconceito com ninguém, seja de nacionalidade, raça, gênero ou quaisquer tipos de coisas que são usadas na Internet para atacar, dividir e segregar ainda mais as pessoas. O que eu penso em relação a tudo isso é o fato de que a xenofobia existe vinda de ambos os lados, e é algo que é mais evidenciado quando se fala sobre questões como o sotaque, o estilo de vida, a preferência por conteúdo dublado (Brasil) versus conteúdo legendado (Portugal), entre vários outros gostos e preferências. O ponto principal referente ao que eu irei reforçar aqui é: existe muita falta de diálogo entre ambos, é algo que não se resolve da noite para o dia e envolve um conjunto de atitudes que necessitam se mostrar sendo recíprocas para que ambos os lados possam conversar sobre, debater e resolver questões pendentes referentes ao passado e ao presente. Eu sempre achei o sotaque português de Lisboa um sotaque muito bonito, tanto de se escutar como também de se ouvir, mesmo que seja falado um pouco mais rápido do que eu falo estando no outro lado do mundo. Eu não tenho nada contra eles e isso que aconteceu também me permitiu abrir os olhos para o fato de que, existirão sempre pessoas boas e ruins em cada lugar, o que eu posso fazer é buscar pelas pessoas boas e a partir delas construir pequenos laços de cooperação, sem pensar tanto no que irá dar e mais pensando como uma ajuda recíproca no momento atual que vivemos. Com base nisso, eu decidi que quando eu voltar, eu realmente só focarei nos meus projetos paralelos e no Ubuntu Unity em Português irei tentar ajudar de forma igual a todo mundo que entrar e ingressar nele. Irei deixar a comunidade portuguesa em paz, se as coisas não foram para ser, irei respeitar isso.

# O MEU PONTO DE VISTA SOBRE O GNOME E A COMUNIDADE GNOME BRASIL

Eu demorei muito tempo para aceitar o fato do Ubuntu ter adotado o GNOME Shell como interface gráfica padrão em 2017, em meio a esse processo eu resolvi deixar a minha amargura de lado e tentar me aproximar da comunidade local brasileira do projeto. Eu pude ver e constatar que o Ubuntu gera discórdia e debates acalorados que giram em torno do que aconteceu com o Ubuntu na mudança do GNOME Shell para o Unity em 2011. Muitos desses debates colocam o Ubuntu como uma distro que fugiu de tudo o que a comunidade GNOME esperava que ele fosse ser, o que faz com que exista uma exaltação e admiração constante em torno do Fedora, OpenSUSE, Debian e outras distros que usam o GNOME Shell e os aplicativos GNOME da forma como eles são feitos nativamente. Desde já, eu afirmo que a interface GNOME Shell é muito bonita e os aplicativos do projeto GNOME em si são aplicativos muito bons e diretos nas funções que buscam entregar para os usuários, isso faz com que tanto a interface quanto os aplicativos tenham milhares de fãs pelo mundo. Entretanto, a falta de tolerância, respeito a existência e a de usuários que usam outras interfaces gráficas acabam por diminuir o brilho que o projeto possui e gera mais debates nas redes sociais sobre a forma de como o desenvolvimento é conduzido. O mundo Linux é um mundo plural, um mundo em que os usuários possuem a liberdade de escolha e diversas opções para fazer uma ou mais coisas. Achar que centralizando os esforços de desenvolvimento em um só projeto vai resolver as coisas, só irá gerar mais controvérsias e atingir diretamente a essência da liberdade de escolha que o Linux representa para todos, desde quem usa distros focadas no usuário final como o Ubuntu até distros mais complexas como o Gentoo e o FreeBSD. Eu aceitei o Ubuntu do jeito que ele é, mas essa aceitação não significa que irei agarrar ele e deixar de participar do projeto que eu mais gosto, que é o Ubuntu Unity. Quando você respeita e aceita a liberdade de escolha e a existência das interfaces gráficas diversas, você se permite abrir para visões diferentes de como cada pessoa prefere organizar o seu dispositivo, de quais ferramentas essa pessoa irá utilizar no dia a dia e dar a opção de essa mesma pessoa querer testar aplicativos novos, abrindo assim a oportunidade de melhorias constantes e impulsionando a inovação. Eu gostaria de ver futuramente uma maior empatia e esforço de aceitação da comunidade GNOME Brasil e da comunidade global do GNOME em relação a esse tema específico, pois iria eliminar uma boa parte da toxicidade existente nos grupos e fóruns de Linux afora sobre essa questão.

# UM PEQUENO REFORÇO PARA O ULYSSES

O Ulysses é um coala que eu criei para ser o mascote oficial do Ubuntu Unity. O objetivo principal do Ulysses é transmitir a mensagem de acolhimento, reciprocidade e companheirismo que o Ubuntu Unity procura trazer aos membros que chegam vindos de outros sabores oficiais, da própria versão principal do Ubuntu em si e de outras distros do mundo Linux. Algumas coisas sobre o Ulysses que eu gostaria de contar a vocês são:

1 -> Ele originalmente seria quadrilíngue (falaria em inglês, espanhol, francês e português), mas com o fracasso do Ubuntu Unity LA, ele atualmente é bilíngue (fala inglês e português).

2 -> O principal motivo pelo qual ele foi batizado com o nome que possui é que a minha irmã da vida real escolheu o nome enquanto eu o criava. Ela considera o nome um dos mais bonitos e que mais combinam, principalmente por ser com a letra U.

3 -> Atualmente ele vive no Brasil, juntamente com o Sorriso Feliz.

4 -> As cores preferidas dele são o azul-escuro, o roxo e o verde.

5 -> As coisas que o deixam mais feliz são o diálogo recíproco, a esperança de dias melhores e a amizade verdadeira.

Atualmente eu ando vendo se futuramente eu deva tentar ou não trazer novas imagens para ele, tendo em vista o grande significado que ele possa representar para o Ubuntu Unity como um todo. Se caso isso não se tornar possível, eu irei ver outras formas de como inserir ele nos posts especiais de ano e nos de divulgação do projeto aqui na Internet.

# O UBUNTU UNITY EM PORTUGUÊS

Para quem segue ou não a conta do Ubuntu Unity em Português no Twitter e o grupo local no Telegram, eu tenho duas coisas para dizer sobre eles:

• A 1ª é que a conta do Telegram que eu utilizava foi deletada e eu não detenho mais o controle do grupo local. No caso de eu futuramente retornar ao projeto, eu irei tentar ver com a equipe do Telegram essa questão para poder recuperar de volta a administração e gerenciamento dele, de forma que eu possa realizar as atualizações necessárias e recrutar uma pequena equipe que ajude com o suporte local e na manutenção da atividade dele.

• A 2ª é que a conta do Twitter foi congelada e pausada, com a thread de pequenos posts com os diálogos do Ulysses explicando a situação. A conta voltará as atividades assim que eu retornar de forma definitiva futuramente. Até lá, eu irei tentar fazer algumas manutenções mensais, de modo que ela fique próxima e reajustada com a conta principal em inglês do projeto.

Alguns dos planos em mente para o Ubuntu Unity em Português são:

-> Política E&R (Empatia e Reciprocidade): Prestação de suporte comunitário priorizando o Ubuntu Unity e no caso de membros da comunidade que usem a versão principal e outros sabores oficiais, fazer o redirecionamento adequado para cada grupo específico de suporte. Junto com essa ação, construir uma comunidade local saudável, onde o consenso e o diálogo possam se manter abertos para que cada um possa ajudar com o conhecimento que tiver do problema/questão.

-> Estabelecer pontes de diálogo com outras comunidades locais do Ubuntu e de outras distros Linux, visando resolver problemas comuns e fortalecer o papel da comunidade local na prestação de suporte e os laços dela com seus membros integrantes.

-> Estabelecer um diálogo aberto sobre questões referentes ao equilíbrio entre o uso de tecnologias digitais no dia a dia e a vivência da vida real.

-> Reprojetar a conta do Twitter para que seja menos técnica e mais pragmática/direta na apresentação de novidades, atividades desempenhadas pelo projeto/comunidade local e mais próxima dos internautas, entusiastas e seguidores.

-> Realizar um podcast de 1 hora com 12 episódios por ano (1 episódio por cada mês), com o objetivo de utilizar o pioneirismo proporcionado pelo Ubuntu Podcast para a construção de um podcast local e alternativo, que as pessoas possam se sentir em casa e estarem conectadas com tudo o que acontece ao longo do mês, proporcionando mais informação de qualidade e discussão sobre temas importantes de interesse tanto da comunidade local, como também da comunidade Ubuntu e Linux em geral.

-> Buscar dar livre arbítrio a criadores de conteúdo, onde os feedbacks que deixarem possam ser recolhidos e repassados para os outros membros da equipe principal do projeto.

-> Disponibilizar o pacote oficial de logotipos oficiais do projeto para que criadores de conteúdo possam usá-lo, de forma que o logotipo atual possa estar em conformidade com o uso correto e representativo.

-> Desenvolver e oferecer mecanismos rápidos para a coleta de feedback dos membros da comunidade local (erros encontrados, bugs detectados, comportamento estranho, entre outros).

# A NOSSA EQUIPE E NOSSOS AMIGOS DA COMUNIDADE

Rudra, Maik, Tobiyo, vocês 3 me ensinaram muitas coisas até agora. Por mais que eu tenha uma forma muito diferente de enxergar a vida e como ando lidando com ela, eu não irei negar que nas horas mais difíceis onde eu achei que tudo estava perdido, vocês 3 me apoiaram e me deram ao longo dessa trajetória até agora, a segurança de eu poder ser eu mesmo e poder tentar construir um pouco de auto-confiança para poder conversar com outros membros da comunidade Ubuntu para discutir minhas ideias e propostas de melhorias para o âmbito do Ubuntu em geral. Dizer a palavra “Muito Obrigado” ou “Grato” seria insuficiente para descrever o quanto eu sou muito agradecido por poder contar com vocês. Eu espero poder retornar futuramente de cabeça erguida e pronto para ajudar vocês no que estiver ao meu alcance, para juntos conseguirmos levar o Ubuntu Unity a mais pessoas.

Mônica, Chris, Rick, Neff, Kai, Amy, Joshua e Arun. Vocês são pessoas que possuem uma identidade forte e uma grande determinação em ajudar o próximo dentro da comunidade. Em algum momento vocês mostraram que independentemente do que fosse, ser você mesmo e ser sincero é algo que está mais além do que muitos conseguem enxergar. É lutar pelo que se mais ama e ir a fundo no que mais gosta de fazer para poder ser feliz. Também sou muito agradecido por contar com vocês e eu espero poder futuramente ter essa grande força e determinação que vocês têm para encarar quaisquer tipos de situação dentro e fora da comunidade.

Muq, independentemente de qual projeto estiver, espero que você tenha muito sucesso e que suas contribuições para a comunidade Ubuntu e Linux como um todo possam ser reconhecidas por mais pessoas.

# UMA PERSPECTIVA DE FUTURO

Em meio a uma onda de muitas pessoas que querem viver somente no espaço virtual e deixar de viver a vida real, eu quero que o meu futuro seja de equilíbrio entre as coisas mais simples e as coisas mais complexas, para que nada desande. De nada adianta achar que o ambiente virtual é o futuro, se cada dia mais a Internet se torna cada vez mais um reduto para pessoas com quaisquer tipos de preconceito (LGBTfobia, xenofobia, racismo, entre outros) e achar que ela será perfeita como um conto de fadas, onde as coisas se resolvem com uma varinha de condão. A vida real também é importante, porquê sem ela, a gente não existe como pessoas e é importante valorizá-la para que possamos sempre estarmos dispostos a cada dia que chega, superar cada novo desafio e obstáculo que aparece na nossa frente. A Internet não substitui a vida real e por meio da minha participação na comunidade Ubuntu e no Ubuntu Unity, farei todos os esforços possíveis que estiverem ao meu alcance para que as pessoas possam se dar uma chance de ter momentos longe da Internet e mais conectadas com a natureza e o mundo a sua volta. É possível sim equilibrar tecnologia e vida real, é apenas uma questão de querer isso, para que ambos estejam em perfeita harmonia sem um interferir no outro. Eu quero construir uma vida estável, com equilíbrio, em um mundo que possa ter mais empatia com o próximo e sejamos apenas nós mesmos, buscando trazer mais soluções/cooperação e menos brigas/confusões. Que o diálogo aberto possa vencer quaisquer tipos de barreiras que impeçam as pessoas de serem felizes e encontrarem a sua felicidade e motivação nesse mundo.

Obrigado por lerem até o final e espero estar de volta quando tudo isso se resolver, do Brasil, um muito obrigado e até em breve

Allan (Alera).

1 Like