We are pleased to announce that Mir 0.28.1 has been released and is available in the mir-team/release ppa and in Ubuntu 18.04 “Bionic”. There are builds for the supported Ubuntu releases (16.04 LTS “Xenial”, 17.04 “Zesty” or 17.10 “Artful”) To use the PPA:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mir-team/release
$ sudo apt-get update
As the 0.28.1 numbering reflects this release is a collection of improvements and bugfixes to Mir release 0.28. There are no API or ABI changes.
Significantly, we’ve addressed a number of issues that impacted on building Mir on other distributions. Obviously, we’ve not tried them all, so if you encounter a problem please reach out (either here, on freenode #ubuntu-mir or file a bug on launchpad.
What is in Mir 0.28.1?
- Fix build (and add instructions) for Fedora
- Don’t build components that use Mir EGL when it isn’t available.
- Fix GMock detection (across the platforms we’ve tried).
- Add Wayland support for keymaps.
- [miral-app, miral-desktop] Default to using SDL’s Wayland support.
- Wayland demo client doesn’t cross-compile. (LP: #1723971)
- mir fails to find drm.h. (LP: #1722147)
- Build process depends on Debian toolchain. (LP: #1724202)
- XWayland clients updates not causing redraw (LP: #1720223)
- Don’t treat failing to bypass buffers as a fatal error. (This could happen with Wayland clients.)